Flesh and the Spur (1957) / Yellowneck (1955) (Sweat and Blood Double Feature)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- The Americano ~ $19.55
- Arizona Raiders (Widescreen) ~ $17.98 (Save 33%)
- Movies 4 You: Western Classics (The Lone Gun, Ride Out For Revenge, Gunsight Ridge & Gun Belt) ~ $7.72
- Return of the Frontiersman ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Sweat and Blood Double Feature: Flesh And The Spur (1957) / Yellowneck (1955) - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: October 27, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Agar, Raymond Hatton, Lin McCarthy & Berry Kroeger|
|Directed by||Edward L. Cahn & R. John Hugh|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Flesh and the Spur features a script by the legendary screenwriter, Charles B. Griffin, who penned many cult sci-fi and horror classics, such as Not of This Earth (1957), A Bucket of Blood (1959), Little Shop of Horrors (1960) and Death Race 2000 (1975). Star John Agar enjoyed a long career, both in top-of-the-line westerns such as Fort Apache (1948) and She Wore A Yellow Ribbon (1949) and in B sci-fi like Revenge of the Creature (1955) and The Mole People (1956). Mike "Touch" Conners is best remembered as the star of the 1970's detective series "Mannix." Marla English appears here one year after starring in The She-Creature (1956). She retired from acting in 1957, after appearing in 17 films in her short, four year career.
Starring John Agar, Mike "Touch" Conners, Marla English, Raymond Hatton; Directed by Edward L. Cahn.
Yellowneck (1955, Color): A band of Confederate deserters wander lost in the vast swamps of the Everglades, fleeing the horrors of the Civil War. They cross paths with a renegade Union colonel who has earned the cowardly epithet, "Yellowneck." The rebels decide to follow the newcomer, believing his experience in leading men will somehow result in their deliverance. But the swamps and the native Seminoles will exact a grisly toll on the hunted men.
Starring Lin McCarthy, Berry Kroeger, Stephen Courtleigh, Harold Gordon; Directed by R. John Hugh.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
John Agar gives a surprisingly good performance in the "Flesh And the Spur" but the real attraction here is Marla English who looks fetching running around the screen in just a man's shirt and then gets tied to a stake "nerked" (well, you have to use your imagination a bit) so fire ants can have here for lunch. This was pure drive-in movie fare, but there are worse ways to spend 90 minutes.
Alpha has sepia-toned this flick, and its a nice touch.
"Yellowneck" has its moments also, but is ultimately pretty depressing. Its location color footage was probably pretty spectacular when released, but has faded over the years.
- Sales Rank: 1,252
- UPC: 089218592996
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Westerns genre:
- Zorro - The Triumph of Zorro (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Randolph Scott Round-Up, Volume 2: 6 Classic Westerns (2-DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Spaghetti Western, Volume 2: The Last Gun / Four Dollars of Revenge (Blu-ray) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE