Johnny Thunder Very Best of Johnny Thunder - Loop De Loop
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.23 (48% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Various Artists ~ Complete Pop Instrumental Hits of the Sixties, Volume 2: 1961 (3-CD) ~ $29.59
- by Various Artists ~ Complete Pop Instrumental Hits of the Sixties, Volume 3: 1962 (3-CD) ~ $29.59
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Johnny Thunder started singing in high school, church, and on street corners in his native Florida. Soon he was performing back-up vocals in New York City for the then-unknowns Dionne Warwick, Cissy Houston and Luther Vandross. His distinctive voice stood out and soon he was a solo artist. He had his one big hit in 1962 with "Loop De Loop", which was basically a nursery rhyme set to music. This is a collection of his best.
- 1.Loop De Loop
- 2.Good Morning Sadness
- 4.A Broken Heart
- 5.All 'Round In A Circle
- 6.Bad Man
- 7.Zoo Lee Oh
- 9.Al La Wetta
- 11.In And Out Of The Window
- 12.Don't Be Ashamed
- 13.Everybody Do The Sloopy
- 14.My Prayer
Personnel: Johnny Thunder (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Arranger: Teddy Vann.
Not to be confused with Johnny Thunders, the legendary junkie guitarist of the New York Dolls and the Heartbreakers, Johnny Thunder was a dynamic R&B and rock & roll singer who originally sang as a backing vocalist for the Drifters and the Ink Spots. He had a hit in 1963 with "Loop de Loop," and an infectious dance number reminiscent of Hank Ballard or a more soulful Chubby Checker. Although he had another minor hit a few years later with "Make Love to Me," a duet with Ruby Winters, during the early '60s he wasn't able to successfully follow up "Loop de Loop." Nevertheless, even if they didn't chart, a few of his subsequent singles were pretty good, as evidenced by Collectables' Loop de Loop: The Very Best of Johnny Thunder. It's certainly not flawless -- a few of the songs are shameless attempts to replicate "Loop de Loop," and others are simply silly -- but for archivists of early-'60s R&B and rock, it's worth a listen. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Barbara GeorgeI Know (You Don't Love Me No More) - Golden Classics (CD)
$7.98 CYBER WEEK
Live from the Rock 'n' Roll Palace, Volume 2 (DVD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
LOOP DE LOOP--THE BEST OF JOHNNY THUNDER Music Lover: MANUEL LUCERO from LITTLETON, CO US -- April, 1, 2003
If you have ever bought an album with only a couple of hits you liked, you won't have that problem with this one. From begining to end it's solid. One of the best R&B albums I ever got.
- Sales Rank: 52,198
- UPC: 090431591420
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER WEEK