Dorothy Donegan The Explosive Dorothy Donegan
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: December 1, 1995
- Label: Audiophile
- 1.Lover - (Take 1)
- 2.Lady Is a Tramp, The - (Take 2)
- 3.I Like the Likes of You - (Take 1)
- 4.Man I Love, The - (Take 3)
- 5.Medley : Downtown / Matilda, Matilda / Bye, Bye, Blackbird - (previously unreleased, Take 1)
- 6.I Just Want to Sing - (Take 1)
- 7.Love for Sale - (Take 1)
- 8.Without a Song - (previously unreleased, Take 1)
- 9.Donegan's Blues - (Take 1)
- 10.Medley : The Man I Love / Rhapsody in Blue Themes - (previously unreleased, Take 5)
- 11.Wave - (Take 1)
- 12.St. Louis Blues - (Take 1)
Personnel: Dorothy Donegan (piano); Ray Mosca (drums).
Recording information: New York, NY (03/31/1980).
After a long period of neglect, the great pianist Dorothy Donegan made this Progressive album, her first American recording in 17 years. Joined by bassist Jerome Hunter (who had to be very alert to follow Donegan's wild flights) and drummer Ray Mosca, Donegan performs nine songs (seven veteran standards plus two of her originals) in unpredictable fashion, displaying technique that is on the level of a masterful classical pianist; highlights include "Lover," "Love for Sale," "Donegan's Blues" and a very explorative "St. Louis Blues." Although this album helped give her some recognition, Dorothy Donegan's next set for an American label would not take place until 1990. ~ Scott Yanow
A Woman's Place Is In The Groove: Women In Jazz 1923-1947... (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE