Cowboy Rarities of the Thirties: Code of the Fearless (1939) / Songs and Saddles (1938)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Bob Baker - Singin' Cowboy (Black Bandit / Border Wolves / Guilty Trails / The Last Stand) ~ $7.88
- Spade Cooley Double Feature: The Silver Bandit (1947) / Kid From Gower Gulch (1947) ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Cowboy Rarities of The 30s: Code of the Fearless (1939) / Songs and Saddles (1938) - 11" x 17"... ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Outlaw Express ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- The Phantom Empire (2-DVD) ~ $10.72
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Due to the age and rarity of these films, some picture anomalies are present.
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 29, 2009
- Originally Released: 1938
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Bernard Ray & Harry L. Fraser|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Genial singing cowboy Fred Scott appeared in twenty-four films from 1926 to 1942. After he retired from his Hollywood film career, Scott's exceptional singing ability landed him the job of resident baritone with the San Francisco Opera Company.
Starring Fred Scott, John Merton, Claire Rochelle; Directed by Bernard B. Ray.
Songs And Saddles (1938, B&W): Crooked banker George Morrow leads a criminal conspiracy to sieze control of Pop Turner's ranch. Pop is unaware that a highway is slated to run through his property, and Morrow orders his men to kill the rancher before he finds out about the construction. Ambushed and left for dead, Pop must seek protection from his adopted son, radio star Gene Austin. With most of the town on Morrow's payroll, Austin's hopes of helping the man who raised him look mighty slim.
Accompanying himself on piano rather than the usual guitar, Gene Austin wasn't a typical cowboy crooner. In addition to his western work, he also appeared in W.C. Fields' 1940 hit, My Little Chickadee.
Starring Gene Austin, Karl Hackett, John Merton; Directed by Harry L. Fraser.
SONGS AND SADDLES: Singer Gene Austin made one Western, intended to cash in on his nominal similarity to Gene Autry. The video master was made from an exceptionally rare film print, perhaps the only one in existence.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
This is worthwhile only if you like radio singer Gene Austin in his one starring role. His movie is a good quality, complete version.
Unfortunately, the Fred Scott film, featured on the DVD, is probably the worst of Alpha's series of Scott movies, running only 48 (of the orignal 56) minutes, and badly scratched & jumpy.
- Sales Rank: 7,487
- UPC: 089218589491
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Westerns genre:
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
- The Randolph Scott Round-Up, Volume 2: 6 Classic Westerns (2-DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Gun Fight (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Randolph Scott Round-Up, Volume 1: 6 Classic Westerns (2-DVD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Santa Fe Trail (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE