Lure of the Wasteland (in Color) (1939) / Call of the Rockies (1931)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Western Rarities Double Feature: Lure of the Wasteland (in Color) (1939) / Call of the Rockies... ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: August 25, 2009
- Originally Released: 1939
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Bernard B. Ray & Harry S. Webb|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Outlaw gang leader Butch Cooper buried $250,000 in stolen loot in the Utah Badlands before he was sent to prison. Hoping to recover the money, undercover Federal Agent Smitty poses as a convict and helps Butch escape. The two ride into the desert to dig up the treasure, but someone has beat them to it. With Smitty tagging along, Butch reunites with his gang, and learns that they have moved the cash. Just as he is about to learn the money's whereabouts, Smitty's cover is blown. Hog-tied and under guard, the lawman must find a way to stop Butch from retrieving the loot and heading for Mexico.
Starring Grant Withers, LeRoy Mason, Marion Arnold, Snub Pollard, Karl Hackett;Written and Directed by Harry L. Fraser.
Call of the Rockies (1931, B&W): Three outlaws encounter a wagon train as it follows the old Mormon Trail through the Rocky Mountains. Posing as lost travelers, the trio gains the trust of the pioneers, joining them on their westward trek. Just as the weary wagoners reach their destination, the outlaws steal the wagon train's horses and deliver them to hostile Indians in exchange for gold. The rustling effort triggers a deadly buffalo stampede. Everything that the newly arrived settlers own will be wiped out unless they can divert the rampaging herd.
Call of the Rockies was produced as a silent film in 1928 by the Mormons of Utah. Sound effects and a talking prologue scene were added for its eventual 1931 release.
Starring Ben Lyons, Marie Prevost, Gladys Johnston, Anders Randolf, Russell Simpson; Directed by Bernard B. Ray.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 9,160
- UPC: 089218588494
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Westerns genre:
- Zorro - The Triumph of Zorro (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Randolph Scott Round-Up, Volume 2: 6 Classic Westerns (2-DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Randolph Scott Round-Up, Volume 1: 6 Classic Westerns (2-DVD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Spaghetti Western, Volume 2: The Last Gun / Four Dollars of Revenge (Blu-ray) ~ $3.98 on SALE