Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 3, 2013
- Originally Released: 1939
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Note: Fox Movietone News: Jesse James at the Roxy
- Fox Movietone News: Hollywood Spotlight
- Original theatrical trailer
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Tyrone Power and Henry Fonda star as the roughest, toughest six-gun-shooting outlaws the West has ever known. The story follows Jesse James and his brother Frank from their days as peaceful Missouri farmers to their first holdup, a daring train robbery in retaliation for their mother's death at the hands of a vile railroad official. After several successful train robberies, Jesse, heeding his girlfriend's advice, surrenders to the authorities in hopes of a lenient sentence and an honest future with his gal. But once in custody, Jesse discovers a double cross in the works, forcing him to flee and sealing his destiny. The tragic tale follows not only the Jameses' illicit exploits but the family life of Jesse, with Nancy Kelly playing his wife, Zee. While the real Jesse James may have been a ruthless and greedy killer, Power's Jesse James is a romantic hero pining for the farming life of which he himself was robbed, making this thrilling Henry King biopic a 10-hankie weeper.
This thrilling film tells the life story of famed outlaw Jesse James. The death of a horse during shooting resulted in all future MPAA films to be overseen by the American Humane Association.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 38 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 112,947
- UPC: 024543920762
- Shipping Weight: 0.14/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item