Hank Locklin Please Help Me, I'm Falling - A Golden Classics Edition
|You Save:||$5.24 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Singer/Guitarist Hank Locklin's work never strayed far from his traditional Country roots - he enjoyed many hits over the course of his career, the highpoint of which may have been the massive hit single, "Please Help Me I'm Falling". His best work, originally released on RCA, is presented here.
- 1.Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- 2.My Old Home Town
- 3.(I'm So Tired Of) Goin' Home All By Myself
- 4.It's A Little More Like Heaven
- 5.Livin' Alone
- 6.Seven Days (The Humming Song)
- 7.Send Me The Pillow You Dream On
- 8.Blues In Advance
- 9.Why Don't You Haul Off And Love Me
- 10.When The Band Plays The Blues
- 11.Hiding In My Heart
- 12.Foreign Car
- 13.Geisha Girl
- 14.One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart)
Contains 14 tracks.
Personnel: Hank Locklin (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
This is a strange collection, not to be confused with Bear Family's multi-disc set of the same name. It's not a best-of or a greatest-hits collection, despite the presence of some monster sellers -- the title track and "Send Me the Pillow You Dream On" are present in their hit versions, along with "Livin' Alone," "It's a Little Bit Like Heaven," and "Geisha Girl." The rest are good songs, but hardly hits, including the spritely "Seven Days" (written by Locklin), which could've been a great song for Buddy Holly to cover; the mournful "Blues in Advance"; the comical "Why Don't You Haul Off and Love Me" and "Foreign Car"; and John D. Loudermilk's angst-filled "When the Band Plays the Blues." The sound is bright and loud, although some of the textures seem harsh, especially the reverb on certain tracks, and the notes are a little haywire, claiming that Locklin wrote "Send Me the Pillow You Dream On" in 1958, when he'd previously recorded it twice for other labels and had already charted with it. Sad to say, this 14-song CD is the one of the few alternatives to Bear Family's four-disc set covering Locklin's post-1955 career. ~ Bruce Eder
Webb PierceThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.84 Super Savings
Hank LocklinSend Me the Pillow You Dream On [Box Set] (3-CD Box Set)
$75.32 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 54,112
- UPC: 090431587324
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Opry Video Classics - Love Songs (15 Live Performances) (DVD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Balsam Range Marching Home (CD) ~
$11.93 Super Savings
- Johnny Cash American VI: Ain't No Grave (CD) ~ $9.89
- Yodeling Slim Clark Cowboy and Yodel Songs (CD) ~ $14.39
Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers Honky Tonk Union (CD) ~
$11.39 Super Savings
- Elvis Costello Almost Blue (Limited) (CD) ~ $9.89
Country: Honkytonk Music Categories:
- Roy Acuff Columbia Historic Edition (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE
- Roy Acuff The Essential 1936-1949 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Roy Acuff Gospel Favorites (CD) ~
$9.48 Super Savings
Roy Acuff King of Country Music [TeeVee] (CD) ~
$12.06 Super Savings
- Roy Acuff The Very Best of Wabash Cannonball (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE