- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: March 24, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Revisited Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I Was Dreaming I Was Awake
- 2.And Then I Woke Up
- 3.And Found Myself Asleep
- 4.The Real McCoy
- 5.Tempus Fugit: Time Never Dies
- 6.Tempus Fugit: The Age Of Shopping
- 8.Interview 1970
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Traumraum: Mit Jungen Augen
- 2.Traumraum: Es Ist Abend
- 3.Traumraum: Ob Es Regnet
- 4.Traumraum: Heiber Tag
- 5.Study For Brian Eno
- 6.Cyborgs Traum: Fuzzy Logic
- 7.Cyborgs Traum: Hasten Slowly
- 8.Cyborgs Traum: Feed Your Head
- 9.Cyborgs Traum: Electric Dream
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Fruhlicht
- 2.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Etude Pour Une Fin Du Monde
- 3.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Bruitismus
- 4.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Die Kultpumpe
- 5.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Loch Im Meer
- 6.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Maschinenspiele
- 7.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Die Grune Leiche
- 8.Die Kunst, Hundert Jahre Alt Zu Werden: Gesang Zur Dammerung
- 9.Study For Terry Riley
- 10.Les Jockeys Camoufles
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Klaus D. Mueller.
Recording information: Berlin, Germany (1968-1972).
Photographer: Klaus D. Mueller.
The limited-edition box sets in the Edition series (SILVER EDITION, 1993, ten CDs; HISTORIC EDITION, 1995, ten CDs; JUBILEE EDITION, 1997, 25 CDs; all gathered [with extra material added] in ULTIMATE EDITION, 2000, 50 CDs) are the most sought-after items in Klaus Schulze collectors' circles, exchanging hands at outrageous prices. In 2009, Klaus D. Mueller and Schulze began releasing LA VIE ELECTRONIQUE ("The Electronic Life"), a series of three-CD sets that reissued all the material previously released in these long-deleted box sets, plus a few unreleased tracks, with all the material put back in chronological sequence (the Edition sets mixed things up, time line-wise). Volume 1 covers the years 1968-1972 and is mainly very interesting. One highlight is "I Was Dreaming I Was Awake and Then I Woke Up and Found Myself Asleep," a previously unreleased 25-minute piece that, is stronger than IRRLICHT, Schulze's debut LP. "Cyborgs Traum" is also major Schulze material. Also, "Dynamo" and "Traumraum" feature rare occurrences of glissando electric guitar in Schulze's music. On the other hand, the 64-minute "Die Kunst, Jundert Jahre alt Zu Werden" is mediocre: it sounds like a long, in-studio improvisation during which the artist is trying out ideas but developing none. Then again, that is what this whole series is about: archival documents, experiments, drafts, and blueprints. And there's more than enough here to satisfy the fan.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 131,794
- UPC: 693723065229
- Shipping Weight: 0.33/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 3 items