- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Lynn Anderson racked up sixty country hit singles and scored one of the first - and biggest - Country to Pop crossover hits in 1971 with "Rose Garden". Both the single and the Grammy-winning album it appeared on went gold; that album and a follow-up are included together on this one disc.
- 1.Rose Garden
- 2.For The Good Times
- 3.Another Lonely Night
- 4.I Don't Want To Play House
- 6.Your Sweet Love Lifted Me
- 7.Sunday Morning Coming Down
- 8.I Still Belong To You
- 9.I Wish I Was A Little Boy Again
- 10.It's Only Make Believe
- 11.Nothing Between Us
- 12.You're My Man
- 13.I Can Spot A Cheater
- 14.I'm Gonna Write A Song
- 15.Cry, Cry Again
- 16.Knock Three Times
- 17.Flying Machine
- 18.Proud Mary
- 19.Help Me Make It Through The Night
- 20.Put Your Hand In The Hand
- 21.Joy To The World
- 22.I Might As Well Be Here Alone
- 23.How Can I Unlove You (Bonus Track)
- 24.Cry (Bonus Track)
- 25.Top Of The World (Bonus Track)
- 26.What A Man, My Man Is (Bonus Track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
2 LPs on 1 CD: ROSE GARDEN (1970)/YOU'RE MY MAN (1971).
Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Personnel: Lynn Anderson (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
This compilation of country hit-maker Lynn Anderson's first two albums (for Columbia) begins more adventurously than it ends. Two songs by Kris Kristofferson were still a little bit avant-garde for the Nashville establishment at the time, as was the surprisingly intense take on Conway Twitty's rockabilly classic "It's Only Make Believe." The rest of the album consists of covers of then-current pop hits, like "Proud Mary" and a remake of the Carpenters "Top of the World," the latter which works surprisingly well in a country context.