John Lennon The Messenger: The Essential Lennon Collection (DVD+CD)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 10, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Waterfall
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Box Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: John and Yoko's "Peace and Love Bed-In"
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Lennon & The Beatles|
Description by OLDIES.com:
DVD - In Spite Of All The Dangers (2002, 55 mins.): In this program, using rare footage, we spotlight John Lennon: his life prior to and beyond the disintegration of The Beatles and the quintessential events that helped to shape and define the man and his beliefs. We also examine the role of the people who influenced his life and helped him to combine the immense popularity of his music to platform and publicize the "love and peace" message to a world-wide audience. Lennon has touched a generation with his musical genius and the simple message of "love and peace" that not even a deranged 24-year-old with a gun and a desire to become infamous has been able to silence.
The impact that Lennon's life, his message and his untimely death has had in the years since his assassination continue to reverberate around the world. But do the dark and tragic events of the recent past and the fears for mankind's future draw us closer to the simplicity of his message, or in this ever complex world are we becoming more distanced?
There is also additional footage of John and Yoko's famous "Peace and Love Bed-in," held in a Toronto hotel bedroom just months before the Sweet Toronto concert was performed.
Audio CD - In His Own Words (60 mins.): The voice of Lennon, in his own words, provides a rare insight into the man who dreamt of peace and his coming to terms with the reality of The Beatles and the final break up.
32-Page Super Color Booklet: This specially written booklet (with many color photographs) seeks to provide a narrative that maps both the events that shaped the man and the legacy he left for those who agreed with or were challenged by his philosophy on life and his drive for peace... or those who just simply loved and admired his music.
- 1.In His Own Words
- 2.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 3.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 4.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 5.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 6.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 7.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 8.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 9.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 10.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 11.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 12.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 13.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 14.In His Own Words (Continued)
- 15.In His Own Words (Continued)
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.