Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 (Live) (2-CD)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 19, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Rhino
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
- 2.Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton / Vince Gill
- 3.Green Onions - Keb' Mo' / Albert Lee / Matt "Guitar" Murphy / Steve Cropper / Blake Mills / Booker T. Jones
- 4.Heavenly Bodies - Kurt Rosenwinkel
- 5.This Time - Earl Klugh
- 6.Mirabella - Earl Klugh
- 7.Great Big Old House - Robert Cray Band
- 8.She's Alright - Gary Clark, Jr. / Doyle Bramhall II
- 9.Bullet and a Target - Citizen Cope / Doyle Bramhall II
- 10.Queen of California - John Mayer
- 11.Don't Let Me Down - John Mayer / Keith Urban
- 12.Next Door Neighbor Blues - Gary Clark, Jr.
- 13.Damn Right, I've Got the Blues - Quinn Sullivan / Robert Randolph / Buddy Guy
- 14.Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad - Eric Clapton / The Allman Brothers Band
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Congo Square - Derek Trucks / Sonny Landreth
- 2.Change It - Doyle Bramhall II / John Mayer
- 3.Ooh-Ooh-Ooh - Jimmie Vaughan
- 4.Save the Last Dance for Me - Derek Trucks / Blake Mills
- 5.Don't Worry Baby - Los Lobos
- 6.I Ain't Living Long Like This - Albert Lee / Vince Gill
- 7.Diving Duck Blues - Keb' Mo' / Taj Mahal
- 8.When My Train Pulls In - Gary Clark, Jr.
- 9.Mna Na Heireann (Women of Ireland) - Jeff Beck
- 10.The Needle and the Damage Done - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
- 11.Midnight Rider - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
- 12.Key to the Highway - Eric Clapton / Keith Richards
- 13.Gin House Blues - Eric Clapton / Andy Fairweather Low
- 14.Got to Get Better in a Little While - Eric Clapton
- 15.Sunshine of Your Love - Eric Clapton
Audio Mixers: Dave O'Donnell ; Steve Jordan ; Doyle Bramhall II; Elliot Scheiner; Guy Charbonneau; Jeremy Stacey; Justin Niebank; Alan Branch; Alan Douglas; Simon Climie.
Recording information: Madison Square Garden, New York (04/12/2013/04/13/2013).
Photographer: Danny Clinch.
Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival, which features world-class guitar players from all over the globe and has been held every three years since 2004, works as a fundraiser for the Crossroads Centre in Antigua, a treatment and educational center Clapton founded in 1998 to help people suffering from chemical dependency. The first three concerts were single-day outdoor events held in Dallas in 2004, and in Chicago in 2007 and 2010, with the fourth, the concert represented by this two-disc set, moving indoors to Madison Square Garden in New York and expanding to two nights in 2013. Both shows were filmed and recorded for DVD and CD release. Clapton, who might be the most modest and unassuming star guitarist of his considerably talented generation, opens and closes these shows, and in between is a steady parade of the planet's best guitar players, often in interesting combinations. This set collects some of the key performances from the two-night event, and among the highlights of these are Clapton and Vince Gill's bright, shuffling version of "Lay Down Sally," John Mayer and Keith Urban putting together a surprisingly moving rendition of the Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down," Gill and Albert Lee's take on Rodney Crowell's "I Ain't Living Long Like This," and Keb' Mo' and Taj Mahal's intimate acoustic version of Sleepy John Estes' "Diving Duck Blues," but all of the tracks here feature striking and spirited guitar work with star players like Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy, Sonny Landreth, Robert Cray, Steve Cropper, Earl Klugh, Doyle Bramhall II, Gary Clark, Jr., Jimmie Vaughan, Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, and Robert Randolph, among even others, lending a hand and a whole lot of great licks. ~ Steve Leggett
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE