- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 10 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: February 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Athena
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: 20-page viewer's guide with highlights
- Questions to consider
- Avenues for further learning
- "Who's Who Among Hitler's Bodyguard"
- A guide to Hitler's security units
- "Killing Hitler in the Movies" filmography
- Photo galleries
This history-themed Military Channel documentary series raises an intriguing question. Adolf Hitler caused the death of nearly 50 million people in various capacities, and virtually destroyed Germany under the guise of leading the nation to unmitigated triumph. He was so despised, in fact, that untold numbers of opponents wanted to kill him, and plotted to kill him. But no one ever managed to do so before Hitler took his own life in a bunker in April 1945. This program asserts the notion that Hitler's bodyguards were chiefly responsible for helping him evade death -- and, over time, evolved from a ragtag group of unpolished thugs to some of the most feared secret police in the history of humankind. Via a wealth of historical footage and commentary, this program examines the roles and activities of those bodyguards, and the ways in which they protected the Führer from harm.