- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Faith honors two Frederick Loewe scores in lively orchestral settings. "My Fair Lady" from 1956 features the lively "Get Me To The Church On Time" - a show-stopper, followed by 1961's "Camelot." We don't miss the words when we hear Percy Faith's arrangements! (Bill Halvorsen)
- 2.I Wonder What The King Is Doing Tonight
- 3.Simple Joys Of Maidenhood
- 5.Follow Me
- 6.Lusty Month Of May
- 7.Then You May Take Me To The Fair
- 8.How To Handle A Woman
- 9.If Ever I Would Leave You
- 10.What Do The Simple Folks Do
- 11.I Loved You Once In Silence
- 13.With A Little Bit Of Luck
- 14.Wouldn't It Be Loverly
- 15.I'm An Ordinary Man
- 16.Rain In Spain
- 17.I Could Have Danced All Night
- 18.Embassy Waltz
- 19.Ascot Gavotte
- 20.On The Street Where You Live
- 21.Show Me
- 22.I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face
- 23.Get Me To The Church On Time
Also available as part of the 2-CD Collectables box THE LEGEND AT HIS BEST!
Contains 2 LPs on 1 CD: CAMELOT (1961)/MY FAIR LADY (1956).
CAMELOT originally released on Columbia (8370). MY FAIR LADY originally released on Columbia (895). Includes original LP liner notes.
Personnel: Percy Faith (piano).
Among Percy Faith's many other albums of instrumental music, the Toronto-born bandleader/arranger also recorded several albums devoted to then-popular Broadway musicals. CAMELOT and MY FAIR LADY were two of his more popular reinterpretations of these scores. The beauty of these records is that these instrumental arrangements give the listener the opportunity to fully absorb Frederick Loewe's remarkable melodies without Alan Jay Lerner's equally fine lyrics as a distraction. Faith's arrangements, lush and heavy on the strings, fit Loewe's ultra-melodic style exceptionally well, and these are among the best Broadway-related albums of their era.