- Released: August 24, 2004
- Label: Yep Roc Records
Uncut - p.1164 stars out of 5
- "More meditative, this fifth LP hones the Southern harmonies and guitar-pickin' crosstalk of the brothers Good..."
Magnet - p.135
"[With] a healthy dose of swirling psychedelia and a distinctly Byrdsian spirit that hovers over their brotherly harmonies and twin jangling guitars."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.954 stars out of 5
- "Thrilling pop-country harmonies. Sparkling, jangly acoustic guitars. A seamless, melodic blend of psychedelia and C&W....The songs and instrumentals here hang together beautifully."
- 1.Northumberland West
- 2.Translucent Sparrow
- 3.1000 Cities Falling, Pt. 1
- 4.Song of the Chief Musician, Pt. 2
- 5.The Curdled Journey
- 6.Why Be So Curious, Pt. 3
- 7.The Iceberg
- 8.A Good Flying Day
- 9.Only You and Your Eyes
- 10.As Much as Such
- 11.A Burning Snowman
- 12.Coming Back
- 13.Why Would Anybody Live Here?
The Sadies: Travis Good (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Mike Belitsky (vocals, guitar, drums); Dallas Good (vocals, guitar); Sean Dean (bass instrument).
Personnel: Robyn Hitchcock (vocals); Bruce Good (autoharp); Joe Burns (cello); Paul Brainard (trumpet); Paul Aucoin (vibraphone); Greg Keelor (background vocals).
Additional personnel: Margaret Good, Bruce Good (vocals); Paul Brainard (pedal steel guitar); Joel Burns (cello); Greg Keelor, Robyn Hitchcock, Paul Aucoin.
Audio Mixer: Craig Schumacher.
Recording information: Greg Keelor's Farm; The Wavelab; The Woohshed.
Photographers: Amanda Schenk; Warren Butterfield.
The Sadies offer a modern take on the sort of West Coast psychedelia practiced by the likes of the Quicksilver Messenger Service and Moby Grape in the 1960s. They're at their most evocative on FAVOURITE COLOURS.