- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Euroarts
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 16:9
- PCM Stereo - Natural sound/Music
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Natural sound/Music
- DTS 5.1 - Natural sound/Music
- Subtitles - English, French, German, Spanish, Italian - Optional
Additional Release Material:
- Documentary - 1. A Portrait of Palermo
- Slideshow - 1. Rehearsal Footage
- BEETHOVEN: "Egmont" Overture, op. 84
- BRAHMS: Violin Concerto, op. 77
- DVORÁK: Symphony No. 9, op. 95, "From the New World"
- VERDI: Overture to "I vespri Siciliani"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Part of the EUROARTS series, EUROPA-KONZERT FROM PALERMO documents one of Claudio Abbado's last concerts. Directing the Berlin Philharmonic at the Teatro Massimo in Palermo, Abbado leads his orchestra through two powerful pieces ("Violin Concerto" by Brahms, and "Symphony (From the New World)" by Dvorak), fully illustrating his abilities as a conductor.
Classical Music |
Concert Footage |