John Cage - Variations VII
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Cage / Cunningham ~ $14.27
- by John Cage ~ From Zero: Four Films On John Cage By Frank Scheffer & Andrew Culver ~ $29.09
- John Cage - One 11 With 103 ~ $26.47
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 21, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Microcinema
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- NTSC, PAL
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Audio Material: Unreleased Audio Recording of Variations VII
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Barbro Schultz Lundestam|
Description by Microcinema:
In 1966 ten New York artists and thirty engineers and scientists from Bell Telephone Laboratories collaborated on a series of innovative dance, music and theater performances, 9 Evenings: Theatre & Engineering, held in October at the 69th Regiment Armory in New York City. The artists were John Cage, Lucinda Childs, Öyvind Fahlström, Alex Hay, Deborah Hay, Steve Paxton, Yvonne Rainer, Robert Rauschenberg, David Tudor and Robert Whitman. Archival material has been assembled into ten films, each of which reconstructs the artist's original work and uses interviews with the artists, engineers and performers to illuminate the artistic, technical and historical aspects of the work.
Variations VII, performed at 9 Evenings, was the next to last in John Cage's series of indeterminate works that he had begun in 1958, which made increasing use of electronic equipment and systems.
Dance Music | Documentary | Electronic | Electronica | Experimental | Music | Music (General) | Technology
Billion Dollar Quartet: In The Third Millennium (DVD)
$11.10 Super Savings
Country's Family Reunion: A Grand Ole Time, Volume 1 & 2... (DVD)
$18.13 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE