- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: February 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 1941
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1:
- Monster by moonlight-documentary on the making of the film
- The Wolf Man archives-original publicity materials, including posters, lobby cards and photos
- Trailer gallery-original theatrical trailers for classic werewolf films
- Feature commentary with film historian Tom Weaver
- Disc 2:
- The wolf man: from ancient curse to modern myth-explore the mythology of were wolves throughout time
- Pure in heart: the life and legacy of Lon Chaney Jr.- a tribute to the film career Lon Chaney Jr.
- He who made monsters: the life and art of Jack Pierce- a tribute to legendary make-up artist Jack Pierce
- Universal horror-this documentary, narrated by Kenneth Branagh, takes you on a fascinating journey through the making of the most memorable monster films of all time
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Even the man who is pure in heart
And says his prayers by night
May become a wolf when the wolf bane blooms
And the moon is pure and bright..."
- Maleva (MARIA OUSPENSKAYA)
Entertainment Weekly - 01/13/1995
"...Innocent, and thus more tragic....Chaney's famous make-up job makes him suitably beastly..." -- Rating: B+
A.V. Club - 02/12/2010
"It finds modern sophistication and cultured intellects unprepared to deal with a threat that's already at hand, maybe even under our own skin."
After returning home to his English village, Larry Talbot gets attacked by a werewolf in the forest. Although he kills the beast, Larry realizes he has received a bite during the struggle -- a bite that passes along the monster's curse to him.
Maleva, the gypsy mother of the dead wolfman, comes to Larry's aid and tells him that he too will now transform into a werewolf each time there's a full moon. While the story sounds ridiculous to Larry, he starts to believe it once more brutal killings occur in the village.
Neither his father, Sir John Talbot, nor the woman Larry loves are willing to believe the truth... but soon they're forced to confront the nature of Larry's curse as well.
Horror Classic |
Horror Movies |
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |
- The creator of the Wolf Man franchise, writer Curt Siodmak, died on September 2, 2000, at the age of 98--at the time he was the oldest working member of the Writers Guild of America West and had just completed his memoirs.