The Whatnauts I'll Erase Away Your Pain - A Golden Classics Edition
|You Save:||$2.99 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Produced by George Kerr.
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Hailing from Baltimore, The Whatnauts had a string of hits in the early '70s. With producer/writer George Kerr, they scored heavily on the R&B and Pop charts with "Message From a Black Man", "Please Make The Love Go Away", and "I'll Erase Your Pain". This collection brings together their best work, which stands among the finest examples of mainstream Soul of the early '70s.
- 1.Blues Fly Away
- 2.Why Can't People Be Colors Too
- 3.Souling With The Whatnauts
- 4.Dance To The Music
- 5.Just Can't Leave My Baby
- 6.She's Gone To Another
- 7.Friends By Day (Lovers By Night)
- 8.You Gave Me True Loving
- 10.My Thing
- 11.Alibis And Lies
- 12.I'm So Glad I Found You (Linda Jones & The Whatnauts)
- 13.I'll Ease Away Your Pain
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Garnett Jones oozes tears by the bucket on "I Just Can't Lose Your Love," Ellie Greenwich's "Please Make the Love Go Away," the Miracles' "Ooo Baby Baby," and "What's Left to Give (After Giving It All)" -- all superb examples of heartache soul. This is the first of two compilations by the Baltimoreans on Collectables. It's titled after their debut on Sylvia and Joe Robinson's A&I label, Message From a Blackman; that single's B-side, Sly Stone's "Dance to Message," is on the second collection. It's almost as if somebody at Collectables put the A&1 single and the tracks from their three Stang albums in a hat, closed their eyes, and randomly selected these 16 songs and saved the rest for the second CD, necessitating purchasing both to get all their goodies -- or shelling deeper in your pockets for the 38-track, two-disc Deep Beats package. ~ Andrew Hamilton
The JonesesEarly Soul Years - Golden "Soul" Classics From The 70's (CD)
$8.43 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
the whatnauts/i'll Erase Away Your Pain Music Lover: ANTHONY VASQUEZ from Staten Island -- January, 20, 2007
When i was A teenager,in brooklyn we had basement parties.And this was one of the many slow songs that were played from the time they would start at 9pm,until 5am.And i want to thank you for having a great collection of my basement party days.
- Sales Rank: 7,373
- UPC: 090431578421
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE