- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 30, 2005
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Blue Underground
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: The Extras on Disc 1 of this release are neither rated nor closed-captioned.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Additional Products:
- Limited Edition Collectible 3D Lenticular Cover Art
Disc 1: FIRE AND ICE
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 5.1 EX - English
- DTS ES 6.1 - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioning
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: "Bakshi on Frazetta"
- Making Of: "The Making of FIRE AND ICE"
- Audio Commentary: Ralph Bakshi - Director/Producer
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes: "Sean Hannons's Diary Notes"
- Stills/Photos: Behind the Scenes Gallery
Disc 2: FRAZETTA: PAINTING WITH FIRE
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Lance Laspina - Director, Jeremy J. DiFore - Producer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This set is comprised of two fantasy films of the "sword and scorcery" vein, FIRE AND ICE and FRAZETTA: PAINTING WITH FIRE.
FIRE AND ICE: Celebrated sword-and-sorcery artist Frank Frazetta teams up with animation director Ralph Bakshi for this high-energy animated fantasy. It's a prehistoric battle of the elements as the dissolute ruler of the Ice World, Nekron (Sean Hannon), starts a war against the fire people using a massive, advancing glacier and armies of subhuman monsters as his weapons. When he arranges to have the fire king's shapely daughter, Teegra (Cynthia Leake), kidnapped, the adventure begins as she escapes her captors and hooks up with Larn (Randy Norton), lone survivor of an earlier skirmish. With the aid of a mysterious dark warrior (based on Frazetta's famous painting "The Death Dealer"), Lorn and Teegra fight the armies of Nekron as well as giant monsters, lesbian sorcerers, and other comic book delights. A thunderous classical score by William Kraft adds excitement to this violent, sexy, fast-moving film. It also benefits from unusual animation techniques that nicely complement the far-out imaginations of Frazetta, Bakshi, and screenwriters Roy Thomas and Gerry Conway.
FRANZETTA: PAINTING WITH FIRE: Exploring the life and legacy of fantasy artist Frank Franzetta, this documentary paints a vivid picture of the path-blazing done by this man who overcame massive obstacles to ascend to the top of his genre. His distinctive style has virtually defined fantasy art for a decade, but Franzetta's stature is made even more grandiose by the fact that it was attained while he was suffering from an undiagnosed thyroid condition. Moreover, six strokes forced the artist to switch his drawing hand from right to left, a setback he overcame as well. The film features appearances by Bo Derek, Glenn Danzig, Ralph Bakshi, and Forrest Ackerman, among others.
From The Director Of The Original Animated THE LORD OF THE RINGS And The Illustrator Of CONAN THE BARBARIAN
It began as a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration between two of the greatest icons of the fantasy genre: Controversial animator Ralph Bakshi (director of FRITZ THE CAT, WIZARDS and the original THE LORD OF THE RINGS) and legendary illustrator Frank Frazetta (creator of the iconic CONAN THE BARBARIAN, VAMPIRELLA and Edgar Rice Burroughs book covers). It became - and remains - one of the most startling animation epics of all time. Now experience a world unlike any ever seen, where savage warriors, horrific monsters and luscious maidens battle for the soul of civilization in a time of good and evil, pleasure and pain, and FIRE & ICE.
Source: Blue Underground
Fantasy Worlds |
Good Vs. Evil |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 59 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 102,996
- UPC: 827058200691
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items