- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Blue Underground
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - Italian
- Dolby Surround 2.0 - Italian
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: "Judging LA SCORTA" - Ricky Tognazzi - Director, Claudio Amendola - Star, Graziano Diana, Simona Izzo - Co-Writers, Claudio Bonivento - Producer, Alessio Gelsini - Cinematographer
- Audio Commentary: Ricky Tognazzi - Director, Claudio Bonivento - Producer
- U.S. Trailer
- Italian Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/04/1994
"...A smart political thriller....Absorbing and unlike any other film..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/08/1994
"...A taut, expertly made political thriller that confronts Italy's pervasive institutional corruption with a surprising combination of energy and sensitivity..."
In the Sicilian town of Trapani, the Mafia owns just about everyone, except for four loyal bodyguards who are assigned to protect a newly-appointed honest judge marked for death. Based on a true story.
Description by Ryko Distribution:
Sicily, 1992: When a high-profile judge and his bodyguard are brutally murdered, four reluctant young cops are assigned as ‘La Scorta' " Italian for ‘the escorts'" to protect the replacement prosecutor from Mafia assassins. But in a country where high level corruption and sudden violence are a way of life, the squad quickly find themselves outnumbered, outgunned and desperately out of time. Even if they can survive the daily threat of car bombs and ambushes, will personal conflicts and backroom betrayals blow apart the nation's most unlikely team of heroes'
Claudio Amendola (in his breakout performance) and Enrico Lo Verso star in this white-knuckle thriller from writer/director Ricky Tognazzi featuring a pounding score by Ennio Morricone and based on a true story of uncommon courage.
Law / Lawyers |
Organized Crime |