- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Deleted scenes
- Making Amelia, the power of Amelia Earhart
- Movietone news reels:
- Mrs. Putnam flies atlantic again-this time alone
- Amelia Earhart flies over the us in 17 hours
- Miss earhart flies from Hawaii to us to win solo crown
- Aviation (introducing the electra)
- Aviation (Amelia testing her plane)
- Names in the news: Amelia Earhart
- Race to rescue Amelia Earhart!
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Hollywood Reporter - 10/18/2009
"Freckle-faced, prairie-voiced and fiercely independent, Hilary Swank's depiction of Amelia Earhart in Mira Nair's biographical film AMELIA is of a high order."
Box Office - 10/19/2009
3 stars out of 5 -- "Swank has fun in the role....Christopher Eccleston has a small but powerful role as Fred Noonan, the navigator that vanished with Earhart on her last flight."
Hilary Swank and Richard Gere star in director Mira Nair's biopic tracing the life of famed aviator Amelia Earhart -- who made history in 1932 by becoming the first woman ever to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. The trip made the aviatrix a national celebrity -- with help from her publicist George Putnam (Gere), whom she fell in love with and eventually married. Their union was tested, however, as Earhart developed feelings for contemporary Gene Vidal (Ewan McGregor ), and the couple's marriage faced the ultimate tragedy years later, as Earhart's fierce independent spirit spurred her to attempt to fly around the world -- a venture that infamously shrouded her in mystery, as the pilot simply vanished after crashing into the Pacific Ocean.