- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 21, 2004
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: Pathfinder Home Ent.
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: This feature has digitally corrected color.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- (unspecified) - Japanese
- Subtitles - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Andy Klein, Wade Major - Film Critics
- Interviews: Jimmy Wang Yu - Director, Star
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Products:
- Full Color Insert Booklet
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/31/2002
"...[A] lovable, fleet genre picture, which has inspired countless directors....Once you find the groove of this delectable cheese fest, you'll realize how influential GUILLOTINE has been..."
Los Angeles Times - 05/24/2002
"...This brisk, action-filled period thriller celebrates the combatants' mastery of style and technique and endless ingenuity rather than razzle-dazzle special effects....It is a gem of its genre..."
Box Office - 07/01/2002
"...For those sufficiently attuned to appreciate its magic and majesty, Jimmy Wang Yu's restored masterpiece may very well be the archival discovery of the decade..."
In 1730, the Manchu dynasty hires the blind Master of the Flying Guillotine (Kam Kong) to quell any resistance from the Han people, whose dynasty has just been taken over. When a fighting tournament is announced, the Master sees it as a chance to avenge his two disciples, who were killed by the One Armed Boxer--another Master who will fight in the tournament. The blind man's unlikely weapon of revenge is the "Flying Guillotine" which he hurls through the air to decapitate his victims--but the One Armed Boxer has a few tricks up his sleeve. This 1975 production is a favorite among many hardcore fans of martial arts film.