- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 23, 2007
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Closed Captioned - English
- Mono - English, French
- Subtitles - English - optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Garnering an impressive five Oscar nominations and containing a starring role for Robert Mitchum, THE SUNDOWNERS is a drama weaved around the daily lives of the Carmody family. The family members work together as sheep herders and find themselves constantly travelling in order to find further employment. But when the idea of settling down and opening their own farm is suggested, the family faces more struggle and turmoil than they ever imagined possible.
Acclaimed film about an Irish family of sheep farmers, living in Australia during the 1920's. The father is a dreamer who prefers living as a nomad, but his wife and son long for stability and farm of their own. When the mother and son prevail, the idealistic father gives up the life he loves and ties himself down to a steady job to earn money for a home.
- Shot in Technicolor on location in Australia, and at Elstree studios in London.