Tim Lake We All Need Heroes
13 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.77 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Tim Lake ~ Jazz with Bluegrass And Blues ~ $14.22
- Released: January 11, 2005
- Originally Released: 2015
- Label: Padraig Records
- 1.Are You Ready?
- 2.It's You
- 3.They Will Always Love You
- 4.We All Need Heroes
- 5.Praise the Lord and Shoot to Kill
- 6.Two Gls Ina Foreign Prison
- 7.If Only I Was a Praying Man
- 8.Only Eat When You're Hungry
- 9.Annette and Me
- 10.That's Why I'm Smiling
- 11.Sail For the Lord
- 12.Outside Looking In
- 13.When I Think of You
- 14.Who's the Lord Get to Talk to ?
- 15.When We Make Love
- 16.Ain't Nobody Normal Anymore
- 17.After All
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Tim Lake (vocals, guitar, banjo, ukulele, slide whistle, background vocals); Luke Francis, Elizabeth Francis (vocals); Ken Holbrook (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin, fiddle); John Heinrich (steel guitar); Bobby Hackett (tuba); J. Flippin (piano, organ); Tripp Bratton (snare drum, congas, cymbals, djembe, shaker, triangle, wood block, percussion); Daniel Thompson, Nathan Wilson, Charles Thompson (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: John Roper.
Liner Note Author: Tim Lake.
Recording information: Pad's Place.
Photographer: Lee Thomas.
Tim Lake is a folksinger with a song to sing, a man on a mission on We All Need Heroes. He kicks off with the buoyant, jaunty "Are You Ready?," a song that adds a bit of a spin to the Second Coming. He turns his refrain, "Are you ready?," into an honest to God question, suggesting that many true believers might not be as ready as they think they are. Lake is an eclectic folksinger, never getting too bogged down in questions of authenticity. On the opening cut, he borrows from rollicking gospel, while the follow-up, "It's You," sounds like a lazy bit of blues or jazz from the 1920s, complete with clarinet. His material is likewise eclectic. He can be a broad social critic and satirist, as on the first cut, a straight singer/songwriter on "It's You," and a storyteller on the title cut. Lake also has a knack for adding politics to the mix without being overly obvious. On the title cut, for instance, he notes that while everyone needs heroes, there's a price to pay: heroes, with families and friends like everyone else, don't always come home. In other instances like "Praise the Lord and Shoot to Kill," he covers his liberalism with a generous dose of humor, making the pill -- for those who disagree -- easier to swallow. We All Need Heroes is a well-wrought collection by a thoughtful performer, and will be warmly welcomed by good liberals and folk fans tired of the same old same old. ~ Ronnie D. Lankford, Jr.
An American Concerto For 5-String Banjo & Orchestra (Live) (CD)
$14.22 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Keep on Going: The Rebel & Melodeon Recordings (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Lonesome and Blue: The Complete County Recordings (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE