Jerry Fuller Teenage Love - A Golden Classics Edition
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.78 (60% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Barbara Lynn ~ The Jamie Singles Collection 1962-1965 (2-CD) ~ $19.96
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Jerry Fuller covered just about every base in the pop and country music worlds. Originally from Texas, Fuller first came to L.A. and had some success on the pop charts. Later he wrote hits for Ricky Nelson ("Travelin' Man"), and wrote & produced Gary Puckett & The Union Gap's "Over You", "Young Girl", and "Lady Willpower". The biggest hits of Fuller's early solo performing career are featured on this disc.
- 1.Teenage Love
- 2.The Door Is Open
- 3.Throughout Eternity
- 4.Lipstick And Rouge
- 5.Angel From Above
- 6.Do You Love Me
- 7.Mother Goose At The Bandstand
- 8.A Certain Smile
- 9.I've Found A New Love
- 10.Blue Memories
- 11.Shy Away
- 12.Better My Angel
- 13.Tennessee Waltz
- 14.Guitar Of Loving You
Personnel: Jerry Fuller (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Jerry Fuller is remembered as the songwriter behind big hits like Ricky Nelson's "Travelin' Man" and Gary Puckett & the Union Gap's "Young Girl," but as a recording artist he made several minor hits over a span of three decades. Teenage Love is a reissue of Fuller's 1960 album for the Lin label, with his four Challenge hits from 1959-1961 added as bonus tracks. Fuller's biggest pop hit was a teenybopper remake of "Tennessee Waltz" in 4/4 time, and even that came nowhere close to the Top 40. The Lin album tracks are, with a couple of exceptions, mild rockers and teen ballads comparable in style to Ricky Nelson, while the Challenge singles are more overtly imitative, from the Bobby Vee sound-alike "Shy Away" to the Sam Cooke-influenced "Guilty of Loving You." Teenage Love is an interesting footnote to the career of a successful songwriter and producer, custom-made for the most dedicated collectors of early rock & roll ephemera. ~ Greg Adams
Barbara GeorgeI Know (You Don't Love Me No More) - Golden Classics (CD)
$7.98 CYBER WEEK
A Double Life: The Challenge Recordings 1959-1966 (CD)
$12.35 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
JERRY FULLER?? Music Lover: Gregory Burton from Muskegon, MI US -- January, 23, 2006
I'LL BE PERFECTLY HONEST, I WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH JERRY FULLER. THANKS TO THE SONG SAMPLES I DISCOVERED THAT HE IS REAL GOOD. I ORDERED THE CD! I'M SURE THAT THIS IS SOON GOING TO BE ONE OF MY FAVORITES IN MY COLLECTION.
- Sales Rank: 51,197
- UPC: 090431572924
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER WEEK
Jazz Instrument: Dixieland Music Categories:
- Henry Red Allen Henry "Red" Allen With Alex Welsh (CD) ~ $12.95 CYBER WEEK
- Americus Brass Band Music of the Civil War (CD) ~ $10.03 CYBER WEEK
- Louis Armstrong The Golden Years of Louis Armstrong (3-CD) ~ $11.69 CYBER WEEK
- Kenny Ball Now (CD) ~ $12.95 CYBER WEEK
- Chris Barber The Very Best of Chris Barber (2-CD) ~ $9.90 CYBER WEEK