Jerry Fuller Teenage Love - A Golden Classics Edition
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$5.52 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.45 (57% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Barbara Lynn ~ The Jamie Singles Collection 1962-1965 (2-CD) ~ $24.95
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Jerry Fuller covered just about every base in the pop and country music worlds. Originally from Texas, Fuller first came to L.A. and had some success on the pop charts. Later he wrote hits for Ricky Nelson ("Travelin' Man"), and wrote & produced Gary Puckett & The Union Gap's "Over You", "Young Girl", and "Lady Willpower". The biggest hits of Fuller's early solo performing career are featured on this disc.
- 1.Teenage Love
- 2.The Door Is Open
- 3.Throughout Eternity
- 4.Lipstick And Rouge
- 5.Angel From Above
- 6.Do You Love Me
- 7.Mother Goose At The Bandstand
- 8.A Certain Smile
- 9.I've Found A New Love
- 10.Blue Memories
- 11.Shy Away
- 12.Better My Angel
- 13.Tennessee Waltz
- 14.Guitar Of Loving You
Personnel: Jerry Fuller (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Jerry Fuller is remembered as the songwriter behind big hits like Ricky Nelson's "Travelin' Man" and Gary Puckett & the Union Gap's "Young Girl," but as a recording artist he made several minor hits over a span of three decades. Teenage Love is a reissue of Fuller's 1960 album for the Lin label, with his four Challenge hits from 1959-1961 added as bonus tracks. Fuller's biggest pop hit was a teenybopper remake of "Tennessee Waltz" in 4/4 time, and even that came nowhere close to the Top 40. The Lin album tracks are, with a couple of exceptions, mild rockers and teen ballads comparable in style to Ricky Nelson, while the Challenge singles are more overtly imitative, from the Bobby Vee sound-alike "Shy Away" to the Sam Cooke-influenced "Guilty of Loving You." Teenage Love is an interesting footnote to the career of a successful songwriter and producer, custom-made for the most dedicated collectors of early rock & roll ephemera. ~ Greg Adams
Barbara GeorgeI Know (You Don't Love Me No More) - Golden Classics (CD)
$8.48 LABOR DAY
A Double Life: The Challenge Recordings 1959-1966 (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
JERRY FULLER?? Music Lover: Gregory Burton from Muskegon, MI US -- January, 23, 2006
I'LL BE PERFECTLY HONEST, I WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH JERRY FULLER. THANKS TO THE SONG SAMPLES I DISCOVERED THAT HE IS REAL GOOD. I ORDERED THE CD! I'M SURE THAT THIS IS SOON GOING TO BE ONE OF MY FAVORITES IN MY COLLECTION.
- Sales Rank: 50,998
- UPC: 090431572924
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Jazz Instrument: Dixieland Music Categories:
- Henry Red Allen Henry "Red" Allen With Alex Welsh (CD) ~ $12.95 LABOR DAY
- Kenny Ball Now (CD) ~ $12.95 LABOR DAY
- Chris Barber Live in 1954/55 (CD) ~ $13.58 LABOR DAY
- The Bay City Jazz Band Alligator Crawl (CD) ~ $14.32 LABOR DAY
- Sidney Bechet The Best of Sidney Bechet [Blue Note] (CD) ~ $14.38
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY