Tex Ritter Double Feature: Rhythm of The Rio Grande / Rainbow Over The Range
|CYBER SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Down the Wyoming Trail ~ $5.95
- Headin' For The Rio Grande ~ $5.95
- Man From Texas ~ $5.95
- Tex Ritter Double Feature: Rhythm of The Rio Grande / Rainbow Over The Range - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- Tex Ritter Double Feature: Take Me Back To Oklahoma (1940) / Riders of The Rockies (1937) ~ $5.95
More products that might interest you:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 30, 2008
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Albert Herman|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Tex Ritter stars in this excellent Monogram western which features spectacular outdoor location shots with plenty of action and great music. The song, "Pablo the Mexican Bandit" is influenced by Gene Autry's hit of the previous year, "Mexicali Rose." Frank Mitchell, formerly of Fox musicals, provides "comedy relief" for Tex in his only Monogram appearance. This DVD was created from the original print owned by producer Edward F. Finney.
Starring Tex Ritter, Tristram Coffin; Written and Directed by Albert Herman.
Rainbow Over the Range (1940, B&W): U.S. Marshal Tex Reed and his sidekick Slim ride into the valley to investigate a gang of murderous horse thieves. Crooked town boss, Jim Rader, has the town under his thumb and is about to shut down the last school in the territory. Tex rescues pretty school marm Mary Manners by demanding that the school be kept open. Rader, who is also responsible for the rustling and murder, wants the prying Tex out of the way. The marshal teams up with Mary's brother Jeff and together, they hatch a plan to bring down "Boss" Rader once and for all.
Filmed in Prescott, Arizona, this Monogram western features high production values such as the spectacular shots of wild horses being driven through the lake, outstanding for a film of this type. The film's climactic scene has Tex and Gene Alsace fighting in the foreground with a stampeding herd charging through the town behind them, all actually being staged for this complex scene. Tex costars with his future wife Dorothy Fay. Their son, John Ritter, became a top TV comedy star. Supporting Tex are popular sidekick Arkansas Slim Andrews and James Pierce (former silent screen Tarzan and Thun from Flash Gordon), as the heavy.
Starring Tex Ritter Slim Andrews, Dorothy Fay; Directed by Albert Herman.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 2,630
- UPC: 089218572691
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE