Guitar Shorty Blues Is All Right
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.49 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Walter Trout ~ Luther's Blues: A Tribute to Luther Allison ~ $15.30
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The great Guitar Shorty's career has had its ups and downs (he once was a winning contestant on TV's "The Gong Show"). But his extraordinary performing talent and guitar playing have always remained at high levels. This collection of Blues classics has Guitar Shorty walking tall.
- 1.Introduction / The Blues Is All Right
- 2.The Thrill Is Gone
- 3.History Of Jody
- 4.How Blue Can You Get
- 5.Never Make Your Move Too Soon
- 6.How Come My Dog Don't Bark When You Come Around
- 7.Bump The Donkey
- 8.Hard Life Blues
Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Guitar Shorty is known not only for his fine musicianship, but as one who was a direct consort/mentor for, and married into, the family of Jimi Hendrix. His discography is relatively small, but this session cropped up in the mid-'90s and is of a relatively unknown origin, definitely live in concert, likely from Europe. There's a funny distant sound to the recording, Shorty's voice appears as though it has been processed through an echoplex, and although there's a horn section, it is not easily heard. Likely it's not an off the soundboard recording, and was originally in analog format. Four of these selections are extremely long; the title track, "History of Jody," "How Blue Can You Get?" and "Never Make Your Move Too Soon." Though known primarily as a more contemporary blues/R&B or blues-rocker, Shorty shows a rootsier side on this collection, and while his vocal or guitar work is good enough to make this desirable for fans, it's not an essential purchase for the casual or staunch blues fan. ~ Michael G. Nastos
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 52,789
- UPC: 090431572528
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Blues: Regional Collections Music Categories:
- Arthur Adams Back on Track (CD) ~ $15.28
- Arthur Adams Stomp The Floor (CD) ~ $14.80 LABOR DAY
- Anson Funderburgh Which Way Is Texas? (CD) ~ $16.18
- Kokomo Arnold The Complete Recorded Works, Volume 3: 1936-1937 (CD) ~ $15.16 LABOR DAY
- Kokomo Arnold Complete Recorded Works, Volume 4 (1937-1938) (CD) ~ $20.51
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY