Jimmy Reed Big Legged Woman
|You Save:||$6.48 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Little Walter ~ His Best (Chess 50th Anniversary Collection) ~ $9.72
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Many people had their first exposure to the Blues through Jimmy Reed. A 1991 inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Reed was one of the most distinctive and individual Blues singers, guitarists, harmonica players and songwriters of all time. Equally popular with musicians (he is often imitated) as he was with the public, Reed's joyful playing will easily make you a fan, too.
- 1.Hard Walking Hannah
- 2.Cry Before I Go
- 3.Can't Stand To Leave
- 4.Big Legged Woman
- 5.Funky Funky Soul
- 6.Crying Blind
- 7.Over The Hump
- 8.Christmas Present Blues
- 9.Jumpin' Jimmy
- 10.Good Is Catching Up With Me
Personnel: Jimmy Reed (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Jimmy Reed followed a limited formula, but it worked time and time again, and his songs, because of their inherent structural simplicity, are among the most versatile in the blues canon and have been covered by countless blues and pop artists. With his laid-back, slurred singing style stretched over a lazy, easy boogie rhythm, and punctuated by short runs on his racked harmonica, Reed brought a kind of hushed, unhurried urgency to everything he recorded. The lyrics to his songs were actually written by his wife, Mary Lee Reed, and although she remains in the background on his records, they were very much a songwriting team, turning out such enduring classics as "Baby, What You Want Me to Do," "Big Boss Man," "Bright Lights, Big City," and "Ain't That Lovin' You Baby." Unfortunately the late period tracks collected here on Big Legged Woman, full of wah wah pedals and other then-cool and in-demand guitar effects, lose a good deal of the ragged, swampy tone that made Reed so original in the first place, and aside from pieces like the lightly funky "Over the Hump," there is little that's truly interesting going on here, making this an album for serious Reed fans and collectors only. ~ Steve Leggett
Lightnin' HopkinsFrom The Vaults of Everest Records, Part 1 - Drinkin' In... (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Generations of Blues, Volume 2 - Born In Chicago (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,671
- UPC: 090431572122
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3