- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 31, 2006
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Allumination
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1956 -
Best Actress: Ingrid Bergman
The story of Anna Anderson, a woman whose claim to be the sole surviving daughter of Czar Nicolas II remains one of the greatest mysteries of the 20th century.
A group of conspirators want to get their hands on 10 million pounds that the Russian Royal family deposited in England before their overthrow. A means to that end presents itself in the form of a depressed young woman who looks uncannily like Anastasia, the Czar's youngest daughter, believed murdered along with the rest of her family during the Revolution. The con-men convince her that she is Anastasia, and can help them attain the cash. Only one woman can verify the princess's identity, and she arrives to question the girl and determine the truth.
Meanwhile, "Anastasia" falls in love with one of the conspirators and begins to believe she may have solved the mystery of her past...
Switching Roles |
- Shot on location in Paris and Denmark.
- Color by DeLuxe. Shot in CinemScope.
- Additional credit: Johnnie Johnson (hairstylist).