- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 22, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Radius
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Nicolas Winding Refn
- Behind the scenes
- Director Interviews
- The Music of Only God Forgives with Cliff Martinez
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chicago Sun-Times - 07/18/2013
"Refn's follow-up effort to the similarly polarizing DRIVE is even more stylized and daring."
Total Film - 07/18/2013
3 stars out of 5 -- "Thomas' matriarch is a force of nature, allowing the actress to destroy her cut-glass image by delivering a tirade of ear-splitting expletives."
Rolling Stone - 08/01/2013
"Cinematographer Larry Smith, who worked with Stanley Kubrick on lighting BARRY LYNDON, THE SHINING and EYES WIDE SHUT, gives the film a toxic allure."
DRIVE director Nicolas Winding Refn and star Ryan Gosling reunite for this intense crime drama set in Thailand, and following a powerful crime boss seeking bitter vengeance for the murder of her son. American gangster Julian (Gosling) and his brother Billy are the owners of a Thai boxing club that covers for a lucrative drug-smuggling operation. Using the business as a front, they deliver the drugs to London at the command of their ruthless mother Crystal (Kristin Scott Thomas). Upon learning that Billy has been murdered, Crystal travels to Bangkok to claim his body, and bury the people responsible for his death. Driven by the devastated Crystal to avenge his brother's brutal death, taciturn Julian becomes entangled with a ruthless police detective who practices his own definition of justice.