Chris Hillman Desert Rose
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Chris Hillman / Herb Pedersen ~ Bakersfield Bound ~ $16.18
- by Cathy Fink ~ Doggone My Time ~ $13.19
- by The Flying Burrito Brothers ~ The Flying Burrito Bros./Last of the Red Hot Burritos ~ $20.68
- by Chris Hillman ~ Like a Hurricane ~ $16.18
- Released: October 18, 1993
- Label: Sugarhill
- 1.Why You Been Gone So Long
- 2.Somebody's Back in Town
- 3.Wall Around Your Heart
- 4.Rough & Rowdy Ways
- 5.Desert Rose
- 6.Running the Roadblocks
- 7.I Can't Keep You in Love With Me
- 8.Treasure of Love
- 9.Ashes of Love
- 10.Turn Your Radio On
Personnel: Chris Hillman (vocals, guitar, mandolin); Bernie Leadon (vocals, guitar, electric guitar, banjo, mandore, fiddle); Herb Pedersen (vocals, guitar, banjo, background vocals); Byron Berline (vocals, violin, fiddle); James Burton (guitar, electric guitar); Dr. Robert Warford (guitar); Jerry Scheff (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, acoustic bass); Jay Dee Maness (electric guitar, steel guitar); Bob Warford (electric guitar); Al Perkins (steel guitar, dobro); Ray Park (violin, fiddle); Glen D. Hardin (piano); Ron Tutt (drums, drum).
Recording information: Peace In The Valley Studios.
Photographer: Henry Diltz.
Chris Hillman was never the songwriter of the caliber of Gene Clark, Gram Parsons, or Stephen Stills, his bandmates back in the heady days of folk-rock and early country-rock, so it's not surprising to see him mine the treasures of traditional Nashville once he broke free as a solo artist. Desert Rose is his second album for the Sugar Hill label, and it features largely the same crack backup musicians as on Morning Sky, as well as a lineup of breezy country tunes by the likes of Jimmie Rodgers, and Acuff-Rose publishing. Hillman again plays mandolin, and the use of banjo and fiddle on this record further add to a bluegrass feel. The title track, a Hillman original, would later be used as a name for his band, and you can sense Hillman's contentment at leaving his rock baggage behind. This is a pleasant, understated affair, great music to unwind to while sipping cold lemonade on a hot summer day. ~ Peter Kurtz
The Sound of Johnny Cash/ Hymns from the Heart (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE