LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 21, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sugarhill
- 2.Which One Is to Blame
- 3.Close Up the Honky Tonks
- 4.Brand New Heartache
- 5.Congratulations, Anyway!
- 6.It's Not Love (But It's Not Bad)
- 7.He Don't Deserve You Anymore
- 8.There Goes My Love
- 9.My Baby's Gone
- 10.The Lost Highway
- 11.Time Goes So Slow
- 12.Just Tell Me Darlin'
- 13.Bakersfield Bound
Personnel: Chris Hillman (vocals, mandolin); Herb Pedersen (acoustic guitar); Jim Monahan, Larry Park (electric guitar); Jay Dee Maness (steel guitar); Gabe Witcher (fiddle); Willie Ornelas (drums).
Audio Mixer: Rudi Ekstein.
Recording information: Foxfire Recording, Van Nuys, CA.
Photographer: Henry Diltz.
Between more commercial projects, Chris Hillman has a tendency to revert to more traditional sounds. A couple of years after the demise of the Desert Rose Band, he reconstituted its primary members -- himself, Herb Pedersen, and Jay Dee Maness, along with some studio players -- for this genre exercise that finds him and Pedersen making like the Wilburn Brothers, the Louvin Brothers, the Everly Brothers, and Buck Owens with Don Rich, among other country vocal teams, and cutting material by and/or associated with Boudleaux and Felice Bryant, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, and Skeeter Davis. The duo is steeped in this material, and they perform it with authority and conviction. Having refreshed themselves by returning to their roots, it will be interesting to see what they do next. ~ William Ruhlmann
Vern Williams / Vern & RayVern & Ray with Herb Pedersen: San Francisco 1968 (Live)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE