Captain Video and His Video Rangers
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Episodes originally aired 1949-1955.
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: November 25, 2008
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Alpha Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Don Hastings & Hal Conklin|
|Directed by||Larry White|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Since "Captain Video and His Video Rangers" was shot live, five days a week, breaks were needed for scenery changes and set-ups. To fill the time, the action would shift suddenly to a small TV screen, where" the delayed circuit remote carrier" would pick up the Captain's "agents on earth," who often bore a striking resemblance to western heroes Bob Steele and Johnny Mack Brown! Lacking sponsors in the early years, other breaks would be filled with Video Rangers hawking various tie-in merchandise, such as the famous "Ranger Ring" - proof positive "should anyone question you of your identity as a Video Ranger." In other spots the Rangers would deliver patriotic messages, imploring young Rangers at home to practice racial tolerance and good citizenship.
These four extremely rare episodes feature both Al Hodge and Richard Coogan starring as Captain Video. Some of the originally broadcast commercials included here provide unforgettable, politically incorrect moments, such as when the announcer assures kids that their favorite breakfast cereal is "coated with candy!"
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Tom Corbett space cadet, space patrol, Flash Gordon, all became part of 50s popular culture Sci Fi, and early TV entertainment for kids. It was so big of a series, that a serial came out in the 50s as a result. It will be low tech in presentation, but if you are into Sci Fi this will make a nice addition to your collection. There was a piece of show tech called the opticon scelometer, I think it was called, in the serial, love to see if it shows up in this DVD
My mother watched this show for DON HASTINGS(Video Ranger). It is a very primitive show these days. I think at the time it was imaginative unfortunately performing a live scripted show they had to plug in another show like a western which is totally opposite to space. Check it out and see what you think...
All my adult life I thought My Mother, the Car was the worst show in the history of television, but after watching your DVD of just four episodes of Captain Video I'd have to say IT is the worst, but so bad it's good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say Captain Video is a third as bad as Plan 9 From Outer Space, not half as bad as Plan 9 - nothing could be half as bad - but definitely a third as bad.
- Sales Rank: 569
- UPC: 089218570291
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Television Movie Categories:
- Albert Collins Live From Austin TX (DVD) ~ $15.28
- Dane Cook Tourgasm (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
Jackson 5 Jacksons: An American Dream (2-DVD) ~
$26.22 Super Savings
Patrick Moraz Future Memories: Live on TV (DVD) ~
$14.96 Super Savings
The Osmonds Live in Las Vegas: 50th Anniversary Reunion Concert (DVD) ~
$16.52 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE