Ronnie Dove Ronnie Dove Collection, Part 3
|You Save:||$12.99 (87% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
After his string of Top 40 romantic singles in 1965, Ronnie Dove was voted the top male vocalist by both Cash Box and Billboard magazines. This disc contains two complete LPs and shows of Dove's great talent as a singer of mellow and heartfelt ballads.
- 1.Hello Pretty Girl
- 2.There's No One Out There For Me
- 3.To Each His Own
- 4.Baby, Put Your Arms Around Me
- 5.No Greater Love
- 6.Right Or Wrong
- 7.I'll String Along With You
- 8.Keep It A Secret
- 10.I Believed In You
- 11.Sweeter Than Sugar
- 12.Say You
- 13.I Remember
- 14.A Short Walk From Heaven
- 16.Angel In Your Eyes
- 17.New Old-Fashioned Love
- 18.Songs We Sang As Children
- 19.Add Love
- 20.You Made Me Love You
- 21.Drina (Take Your Lady Off For Me)
- 22.I Don't Hurt Anymore
- 23.I'll Be Around (With The Bell-Tones)
- 24.Lover Voy (With The Bell-Tones)
2 LPs on 1 CD: RIGHT OR WRONG (1964)/RARITIES.
Personnel: Ronnie Dove (vocals).
The Ronnie Dove Collection, Pt. 3 pairs two albums on one CD: Right or Wrong -- Dove's first LP from 1964 -- and Rarities, which was never released independently and does not overlap with Collectables' separate CD of Ronnie Dove rarities. Right or Wrong is an excellent album that spotlights Dove's achingly beautiful pop ballad style on a dozen tracks that include three chart hits: "Say You," "Right or Wrong," and "Hello Pretty Girl." "Say You" was Dove's first hit and concludes on a soaring falsetto note that shows Dove at his dramatic best. Slow songs dominate the album, and "Sweeter Than Sugar" is the only one that could be categorized as rock & roll. Unfortunately, the disc sounds like it was mastered from vinyl with its mixture of mono and stereo and audible surface noise. It is possible that the master tapes have been lost since these are the same problems that plague other reissues of Ronnie Dove's music. The rarities segment includes recordings from the '60s and '70s, some of which appear to be previously unreleased, although they are not identified as such. The most significant rarities on offer are both sides of Dove's debut single from 1959, "Lover Boy" c/w "I'll Be Around." Recorded with the Beltones, these early, rough recordings find Dove singing with a bit of an Elvis Presley influence. Those two songs were obviously mastered from noisy vinyl, but that can be forgiven in light of the exceptional rarity and value of the single. ~ Greg Adams
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 472
- UPC: 090431569924
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow: Songs from the Heart of the Church (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE
The Very Best of 10cc [Import] (CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. Bubblegum Christmas (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE