Willie Nelson To All the Girls...
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.16 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.82 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Sony Legacy
Rolling Stone - p.703 stars out of 5 -- "Nelson holds his unmistakable own throughout, like no other 80-year-old could."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.913 stars out of 5 -- "[T]here are several memorable teamings, most notably Nelson partnering Sheryl Crow on the charm-filled 'Far Away Places'..."
- 1.From Here To The Moon and Back (w/ Dolly Parton)
- 2.She Was No Good For Me (w/ Miranda Lambert)
- 3.It Won t Be Very Long (w/ Secret Sisters)
- 4.Please Don't Tell Me (w/ Rosanne Cash)
- 5.Far Away Places (w/ Sheryl Crow)
- 6.Bloody Mary Morning (w/ Wynonna Judd)
- 7.Always On My Mind (w/ Carrie Underwood)
- 8.Somewhere Between (w/ Loretta Lynn)
- 9.No Mas Amor (w/ Allison Krauss)
- 10.Back To Earth (w/ Melonie Cannon)
- 11.Grandma's Hands (w/ Mavis Staples)
- 12.Walkin' (w/ Norah Jones)
- 13.Til The End of The World (w/ Shelby Lynne)
- 14.Will You Remember Mine (w/ Lily Meola)
- 15.Dry Lightning (w/ Emmylou Harris)
- 16.Making Believe (w/ Brandi Carlile)
- 17.Have You Ever Seen The Rain (w/ Paula Nelson)
- 18.After The Fire Is Gone (w/ Tina Rose)
Audio Mixer: Butch Carr.
Photographer: Danny Clinch.
Arriving a few short months after the standards collection Let's Face the Music and Dance, which itself came less than a year after his Legacy debut Heroes, To All the Girls splits the difference between these two albums for Legacy. As a duets album comprised entirely of female partners, To All the Girls is, like Heroes, driven by superstar guest power but the intimate, relaxed feel is reminiscent of Let's Face the Music and Dance. Such a quiet, comfortable setting is welcoming to a wide variety of partners, ranging from living legends Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Mavis Staples, and Emmylou Harris to more recent superstars Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Between these two extremes lie such excellent, underappreciated, new alt-country singers like Brandi Carlile and the Secret Sisters, family -- both sister Paula Nelson and Melonie Cannon, the daughter of Buddy Cannon -- and stars who are working their way toward legend status (Norah Jones, Alison Krauss, Sheryl Crow, Wynnona Judd, Shelby Lynne). Similarly, the songs split the difference between new versions of Nelson classics ("Bloody Mary Morning," "Always on My Mind," "Please Don't' Tell Me How the Story Ends"), covers of beloved songs ("Til the End of the World," "Have You Ever Seen the Rain"), and brand-new tunes (Dolly brings in "From Here to the Moon and Back," which she wrote for Joyful Noise, a gospel musical co-starring Queen Latifah). Nearly all of this proceeds at an amiably lazy gait, which makes the handful of cuts that stray from this path quite notable: "Bloody Mary Morning" retains its trademark gallop with Wynnona; Brandi Carlile hits the honky tonk fairly hard on "Making Believe"; Shelby Lynne gives a hazy south-of-the-border feel to "The End of the World," and Krauss' "No Mas Amor" is dreamy. Although there is not a bad cut here -- this is all assured, easy, impeccably tasteful work from Willie and his partners -- the 70-minute length of To All the Girls does make the album feel a little samey, but that can be a good thing, as it makes for nice, romantic mood music or a drowsy Sunday afternoon at home. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Jack Scott The Very Best of Jack Scott (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE