- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 15, 2013
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Building A Better Mummy, and in-depth look into the creative and technical processes that brought us the heart-stopping visual effects of the film, with director Stephen Sommers and the crew at Industrial Light & Magic (ILM).
- Feature commentary with director Stephen Sommers and editor Bob Ducsay.
- Visual and special effects formation.
- Egyptology 101.
- Deleted scenes.
- Theatrical trailers.
- Universal showcase.
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 10/01/1999
"...[Weisz is] seductive....Fraser gooses the movie with his deft comic timing..." -- Rating: B
USA Today - 05/07/1999
"...[The] sights do astonish..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/07/1999
"...There's a lot of funny dialogue in the movie..."
Total Film - 06/01/2000
"...You get: fun, some flashy effects and a bit of a laugh..."
In the 1920s, a group of archaeologists led by adventurer Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser) discovers the mummified body of Imhotep, an Egyptian priest who was cursed for falling in love with the Pharoah's mistress. When they accidentally resurrect him, the battle for survival begins, as the mummy begins to use his powers to reclaim his long-lost love. Director Stephen Sommers updates this classic Universal monster for the 1990s, using a dazzling array of computer-generated special effects. Fun performances from Fraser and Weisz add to the tongue-in-cheek Saturday matinee appeal.