Tony Bennett Live at the Sahara: Las Vegas, 1964
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.16 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.82 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Sony Legacy
- 1.Overture: The Moment Of Truth
- 2.This Could Be The Start Of Something Big
- 3.It's A Sin To Tell A Lie
- 4.Ain't Misbehavin'
- 5.Parody: Rags To Riches
- 6.Keep Smiling At Trouble (Trouble's A Bubble)
- 7.Time After Time
- 8.Sing You Sinners
- 9.One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)
- 10.The Rules Of The Road
- 11.One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) (reprise)
- 13.From This Moment On
- 14.Comedy Routine
- 15.I'm Way Ahead Of The Game
- 16.Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars (Corcovado)
- 18.Once Upon A Time
- 19.Lullaby Of Broadway
- 20.Chicago (That Toddlin' Town)
- 21.I Left My Heart In San Francisco
- 22.I Wanna Be Around
- 23.I Left My Heart In San Francisco (reprise)
- 24.Finale: The Moment Of Truth (reprise)
Personnel: Ralph Sharon (piano); Billy Exiner (drums).
Audio Mixer: Michael H. Brauer.
Liner Note Author: Robert Sullivan .
Recording information: Congo Room, Sahara Hotel, Las Vegas, NV (04/08/1964).
Photographers: Don Hunstein; Ernst Haas.
After a successful singing career in the 1950s, Tony Bennett, like many of the jazz-based crooners of his era, had a bit of a commercial falloff with the advent of rock & roll in the early '60s. Bennett, for his part, moved even closer to jazz in his stage shows, and then had a resurgence in popularity when his signature song, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco," became a big pop hit in 1962. It was Bennett at his best, working to the pop side of jazz, and as the '60s progressed, Bennett became firmly established as an iconic singer and entertainer. This set, which preserves his first-ever headlining appearance in Las Vegas in 1964, was recorded for a possible live album, but then shelved by Columbia Records until it appeared on disc in 2011 as part of The Complete Collection, which featured all 63 of Bennett's albums, three DVDs, six volumes of Bennett's non-album singles, two discs of rarities, and this show from the Sahara. This is the concert's first stand-alone release, and it is the same as the disc included in the Columbia box. The concert itself was an important one for Bennett, and he opened it and closed it with overture and finale versions of one of his admittedly lesser songs, "The Moment of Truth." If the truth is in the singing, then Bennett obviously triumphs, but taken simply on its own, this set is no different in quality than the many other fine live albums Bennett has done throughout his career, and its importance is more historical and archival than artistically essential. But this is Tony Bennett, and at 30 songs, it's a generous, warm, and riveting show from an American icon at the very commercial peak of his career. ~ Steve Leggett
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 6 (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$2.98 on SALE
At Home With The Barry Sisters / Side By Side (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Danny & The Juniors Greatest Hits (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE