- Public Performance Rights, printable Educator's Guide, exclusive educational bonus features, sing-a-long, and assessment tools to reinforce key lessons.
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 20, 2013
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Disney Educational Productions
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: A bonus "Try It Yourself" experiment
- Correlation to educational standards
- Public performance rights for classroom/educational use only
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Do the Walt Disney Imagineers encounter resistance in their work? Of course they do?when it comes to friction! Here the Imagineersshowcase how different types of friction?static, kinetic, and rolling?come into play when they're designing Disney's theme park rides and attractions. From rollercoaster wheels for "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad" to the shape of a Disney Cruise Line ship's hull, the Imagineers use tribology (the study of friction) to find ways to reduce drag. Students will learn the different types of friction as well as the roles that gravity and Newton's First Law play in frictional force.
This product is made-on-demand by the manufacturer using DVD-R recordable media.
Almost all DVD players can play DVD-Rs (except for some older models made before 2000) -
please consult your owner's manual for formats compatible with your player.
These DVD-Rs may not play on all computers or DVD player/recorders.
To address this, the manufacturer recommends viewing this product on a DVD player
that does not have recording capability.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 786936801705
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item