- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: A father's legacy - Jaden and Will Smith on and off screen
- 1,000 years in 300 seconds - on location with the cast and crew
- The nature of the future - explore the beautiful landscapes where After Earth was filmed
- Xprize After Earth challenge - the winning team's video, with an introduction by Jaden Smith
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/31/2013
"AFTER EARTH is a lovely surprise, a moral tale disguised as a sci-fi blockbuster....it's a special film: spectacular and wise."
Total Film - 06/02/2013
3 stars out of 5 -- "There's a lot to admire here: the boldly swooping camerawork, pinpoint-sharp 4K visuals and enough forest-based mayhem to rival AVATAR."
Father-and-son space travelers crash-land on a desolate planet Earth 1000 years in the future, and fight to find a way back home in this sci-fi action thriller from director M. Night Shyamalan. It's been nearly a millennium since mankind was forced to flee their home planet for the safety of Nova Prime, and in that time Earth has grown increasingly hostile to human life. Gen. Cypher Raige (Will Smith) has just finished an extended tour of duty when he reunites with his 13-year-old son Kitai (Jaden Smith), and begins making the transition from military leader to father. When an asteroid storm damages their ship, however, a badly injured Cypher and his son are forced to crash-land on Earth. Now, the only way for young Kitai to save his father's life is to find the rescue beacon that was lost when their ship came plummeting through the atmosphere. In order to survive and succeed, Kitai will have to become the type of soldier who would make his father proud. Zoë Kravitz and Sophie Okonedo co-star.