Randy Travis Influence, Volume 1: The Man I Am
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 1, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.Someday We'll Look Back
- 2.Big Butter and Egg Man
- 3.What Have You Got Planned Tonight Diana
- 4.Ever Changing Woman
- 5.Pennies From Heaven
- 6.Thanks a Lot
- 7.Trouble In Mind
- 8.My Mary
- 9.Saginaw, Michigan
- 10.Always On a Mountain (When I Fall)
- 11.(Because) You Asked Me To
- 12.Why Baby Why
- 13.Tonight I'm Playing Possum - (featuring Joe Nichols)
Personnel: Robb Houston, Lance Dary (acoustic guitar, background vocals); Joe Manuel (acoustic guitar); Steve Gibson (electric guitar, gut-string guitar, mandolin); Rick Wayne "LD" Money (electric guitar); Steve Hinson (steel guitar, dobro); Pam Sixfin, Conni Ellisor, Dave Davidson, Alan Umstead (violin); David Johnson (fiddle); Jim Grosjean, Kris Wilkinson (viola); Carole Rabinowitz (cello); Kyle Lehning (Wurlitzer piano); Joe VanDyke (keyboards); Bill Cook (upright bass, electric bass, background vocals); Herb Shucher (drums); Jon Mark Ivey, Lisa Silver, Wes Hightower, Bergen White, Kira Small (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Kyle Lehning.
Recording information: Disgraceland, Nashville, TN (11/17/2012-11/20/2012); Studio 333, Bushman's, Kiepersol Enterprises Inc., Tyle (11/17/2012-11/20/2012); The Compound, Nashville, TN (11/17/2012-11/20/2012).
Editors: Jordan Lehning; Ryan Carr; Kevin Sokolnicki; Casey Wood.
Photographers: Eric Swanson ; Kelly Doherty.
As Randy Travis has never attempted to shroud his influences in secrecy, there aren't a lot of surprises on Influence, Vol. 1: The Man I Am. He does romp through Louis Armstrong's "Big Butter and Egg Man," but there are so many Merle Haggard tunes ("Someday We'll Look Back," "What Have You Got Planned Tonight Diana," "Ever Changing Woman," "I'm Always on a Mountain When I Fall") this could almost be classified as a tribute. After all, the Bob Wills song here, "Trouble in Mind," was a Merle Haggard staple, and the Lefty Frizzell and Ernest Tubb songs ("Saginaw, Michigan" and "Trouble in Mind," respectively) seem as if he cut them. Travis stretches out a little bit at the end by recording Waylon Jennings' version of Billy Joe Shaver's "You Asked Me To," and saluting George Jones via a version of "Why Baby Why" and his newly written tribute "Tonight I'm Playing Possum," a new song that provides the hook into this covers record and is a pretty good little tune. The whole affair doesn't deliver anything unexpected, but that's also its appeal: Travis doesn't surprise, he satisfies, and hearing him sing songs he loves is certainly a good time. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Definitive Greatest Hits: Til the Last Shot's Fired... (CD)
$17.73 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE