- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 5 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Mill Creek Ent
- 2-Disc Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Blackmailers Don't Shoot - Marlowe is hired to sniff out blackmailers who are bothering a movie queen and girlfriend of racketeer Lucky Landry.
- Spanish Blood - Marlowe finds himself embroiled with corrupt politicians, cops on the take and with a beautiful grieving widow.
- Pickup on Noon Street - Marlowe investigates the gruesome murder of a young Hollywood hopeful and uncovers a vice ring and more!
- Guns at Cyrano's - Marlowe is hired to uncover a threat to a boxer and discovers that his girlfriend is involved in a web of political blackmail.
- Trouble is My Business - Marlowe is hired by a millionaire to buy off the girlfriend of his nephew and heir. Trouble begins when the nephew is murdered with her gun, while plenty of people have motives.
- Red Wind - Marlowe is hired to recover a stolen string of pearls and soon figures out why people are dying & prematurely.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Emmy-winning actor Powers Booth (24) plays Raymond Chandler's classic detective in this television show. Set against the glamour and grit of 1930s-era Los Angeles, the series features the hardboiled P.I. investigating mysteries based on stories by the mystery author. Neither starlets nor boxers are safe in this town, and it's up to Philip Marlowe to put the crooks where they belong. This set features six episodes from PHILIP MARLOWE, PRIVATE EYE: "Blackmailers Don't Shoot," "Spanish Blood," "Pickup on Noon Street," "Guns at Cyrano's," "Trouble is My Business," and "Red Wind."
Film Noir |
Period Piece |
Television / TV Series |
Television Programs |
Television Shows |