The Five Keys Aladdin Years
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 5632
Available in a set:
- by Various Artists ~ Only the Best of the Great Groups, Volume 3 (10-CD Bundle Pack) ~ $49.98 (Save 38%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This R&B quintet originally formed as the Sentimental Four in the late '40s. After some personnel changes they achieved popularity in the mid to late '50s. The group was equally at home singing ballads and more rhythm driven tunes. You'll find the best of tracks recorded for Aladdin collected here.
- 1.With A Broken Heart
- 2.Glory Of Love
- 3.Yes Sir, That's My Baby
- 4.Red Sails In The Sunset
- 5.Be Anything, But Be Mine
- 7.If You Only Knew
- 8.Hold Me
- 9.Will My Heart Stand A Chance
- 10.I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance
- 11.Can't Keep From Crying
- 13.There Ought To Be A Law
- 14.Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me)
- 15.When You're Gone
- 16.I'll Always Be In Love With You
- 17.Rocking And Crying Blues
- 18.These Foolish Things Remind Me Of You
- 19.Teardrops In Your Eyes
- 20.My Saddest Hour
- 21.White Cliffs Of Dover
- 22.Oh! Babe!
- 23.Someday Sweetheart
- 24.Deep In My Heart
- 25.Story Of Love
The Five Keys include: Rudy West, Bernie West, Ripley Ingram, Richard Smith, Ulysses K. Hicks.
Principally recorded at RCA Studios, New York, New York between 1951 & 1954. Includes liner notes by Steve Kolanjian.
Digitally remastered by Bob Norberg (1990, Capitol Recording Studios, New York, New York).
Personnel: Bernie West, Dickie Smith, Gene Moore , Ramon Loper, Ulysses K. Hicks, Ripley Ingram, Maryland Pierce, Rudy West (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Steve Kolanjian.
Recording information: Nola Recording Studios, New York, NY (03/22/1951/09/23/1953); Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (03/22/1951/09/23/1953); RCA Recording Studios, New York, NY (03/22/1951/09/23/1953); WOR STudios, New York, NY (03/22/1951/09/23/1953).
Photographer: Michael Ochs.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Joel Whitburn; The Five Keys.
Although there are a handful of up-tempo numbers here, including one or two like "Mama (Your Daughter Told a Lie on Me)" that are full-bore rock & roll, complete with honking sax, the vast majority of the 25 tracks here, recorded between 1951 and 1954, are slow, sentimental ballads rendered in the proto-doo wop style of the Ink Spots, including a number of pop standards originally recorded by white artists. Standouts include a gorgeously sung version of "The Glory of Love" (their first hit) and the less lugubrious (and more explicit) "Rockin and Cryin Blues."
Billy Ward & The DominoesVery Best of Billy Ward & The Dominoes (Featuring Clyde... (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
The Five KeysThe Very Best of The Five Keys (Featuring Rudy West) -... (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
The Very Best of King / Federal / Deluxe, Volume 2 (CD)(12)
$4.98 on SALE
Only the Best of the Great Groups, Volume 3 (10-CD Bundle...(2)
$49.98 on SALE
Best of The Capitol & Aladdin Years (2-CD Box Set)(2)
$19.98 on SALE
Out of Sight Out of Mind: The Complete Capitol Recordings... (CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE