Charles Brown Best of Charles Brown - Driftin' Blues
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 5631
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Charles Brown is finally receiving the recognition he deserves as a genuine Rhythm and Blues pioneer. With his ultra laid back and mellow delivery in both his piano stylings and vocals, Brown mesmerized audiences for more than fifty years. An audience favorite (Bonnie Raitt had him tour with her), this set shows him off to great advantage on tunes such as "Drifting Blues", "Hard Times", as well as his best-known song, "Merry Christmas Baby".
- 1.Driften' Blues
- 2.Homesick Blues
- 3.Get Yourself Another Fool
- 4.In The Evening When The Sun Goes Down
- 5.A Long Time
- 6.It's Nothing
- 7.Trouble Blues
- 8.My Baby's Gone
- 9.Black Night
- 10.I'll Always Be In Love With You
- 11.Seven Long Days
- 12.Hard Times
- 13.Evening Shadows
- 14.I Lost Everything
- 15.Lonesome Feeling
- 16.Cryin' Mercy
- 17.I've Been Savin' My Love For You
- 18.Fool's Paradise
- 19.Please Don't Drive Me Away
- 20.Merry Christmas, Baby
DRIFTIN' BLUES contains 20 tracks originally released in the late 40s and early 50s by the Imperial and Aladdin labels.
Includes liner notes by Steve Kolanjian.
Digitally remastered by Ron Furmancek (1991, Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California).
Personnel: Charles Brown (vocals, piano).
Audio Remasterer: Ron Furmanek.
Liner Note Author: Jeff Hannusch.
Recording information: Capitol Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA (09/14/1945-09/04/1956); Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (09/14/1945-09/04/1956); Cosimo Recording studio, New Orleans, LA (09/14/1945-09/04/1956); Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (09/14/1945-09/04/1956); United Broadcasting Co., Chicago, IL (09/14/1945-09/04/1956).
With Charles Brown's career resurgence in the last decade of his life, he was discovered by an entirely new audience. What many of his new fans didn't know--and what this set clearly delineates--is what a huge commercial success he was in the late '40s and early '50s. Furthermore, his style emerged more or less fully formed on his first recordings, where Brown sang and played piano with Johnny Moore's Three Blazers. At the age of 25, Brown's "Driftin' Blues" went to number two on the R&B charts, but Brown was soon to leave Moore's trio. Most of these 20 songs were recorded for the Aladdin label, where Brown enjoyed a successful run for several years before departing in 1956 for other labels. This collection of timeless music makes clear why Charles Brown was a model of style and grace.
Jingle Bell Rock: An Oldies Rock and Roll Christmas (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE