The Kingsmen Very Best of The Kingsmen - "Louie Louie"
|You Save:||$7.99 (53% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Kingsmen helped define garage-band style rock in the early '60s. Hailing from Portland Oregon, the group shot to fame with their version of "Louie Louie", one of the most important songs in rock and roll history. But The Kingsmen were no one-hit wonder group; the 26 tracks on this collection show them at their best and highlight their biggest hits, including "Louie Louie", "Jolly Green Giant", "Money", and more.
- 1.Louie, Louie
- 2.Money (That's What I Want)
- 3.Jolly Green Giant
- 4.Little Latin Lupe Lu
- 5.Death Of An Angel
- 6.Annie Fanny
- 8.Killer Joe
- 9.Little Sally Tease
- 10.Don't You Just Know It
- 11.That's Cool, That's Trash
- 12.Long Green
- 14.Mashed Potatoes
- 15.Little Green Thing
- 16.Shake A Tail Feather
- 17.Mustang Sally
- 18.I Like It Like That
- 19.Twist And Shout
- 20.Do You Love Me
- 21.New Orleans
- 23.Gimme Some Lovin'
- 24.Tall Cool One
- 25.Long Tall Texan
- 26.Night Train
The Kingsmen: Jack Ely, Mike Mitchell (guitar); Don Galliucci (keyboards); Bob Nordby (bass); Lynn Easton (drums).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
When the Kingsmen's ragged, stumbling and accidentally brilliant version of Richard Berry's "Louie Louie" broke out as a national hit in 1964, it created a three-chord stomping template for garage and frat bands everywhere, and the Kingsmen themselves never abandoned the organ-driven R&B approach that spawned the song, working the formula into other hits like "Jolly Green Giant" and the huge, crushing "Killer Joe." This set collects the essential tracks and tosses in a few instrumentals, as well. A few of the cuts are supposedly done live in concert, but one can never be sure with the Kingsmen, since the group's early albums would frequently have dubbed in audience noise added to studio performances. Not that it matters much with a group this immediate and raw -- the Kingsmen hardly needed audience noise, real or not, to sound exciting. ~ Steve Leggett
Sam the Sham & the PharaohsThe Best of Sam The Sham & The Pharoahs - 20th Century...
$4.28 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,272
- UPC: 090431562826
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)(20)
$11.65 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE