Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 1, 2013
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Sabotuer: a closer look
- Storyboards: the Statue of Liberty sequence
- Alfred Hitchcock's sketches
- Production photographs
- Theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 09/20/1996
"...Exciting early Hitchcock, including one of his most memorable finales." -- Rating: A-
This grand Alfred Hitchcock thriller finds the director making full use of the North American continent and mythos to tell the story of an innocent on the run. Barry Kane (Robert Cummings) is a man unjustly accused of sabotaging an American airplane factory in Glendale, California, during WWII. He escapes the police with a daring jump off a bridge and sets out in pursuit of the real criminal. Full of quirky characters and plot surprises, this forerunner of THE FUGITIVE is a Hitchcock gem full of action as it spirals towards its stupendous climax.
Essential Cinema |
World War II
- The film was shot in Hollywood and New York.
- Hitchcock cameo: Hitch can be seen standing in front of Cut Rate Drugs, in New York City, as the saboteur's car stops.
- Dorothy Parker collaborated on the screenplay.