Golden Age of Television - Volume 5: Willow Cabin / Wintertime
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: June 24, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Alpha Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Charlton Heston & Anne Bancroft|
|Directed by||Paul Nickell|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Willow Cabin was produced live on network TV on February 27, 1950 and was one of 12 dramas Charlton Heston starred in for Westinghouse Studio One. The future star of The Ten Commandments and Ben-Hur was given other plum roles in the series, including Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights, Petruchio in The Taming of the Shrew and Edward Rochester in Jane Eyre. Producer Worthington Miner later co-produced Sidney Lumet's acclaimed motion picture, The Pawnbroker.
Starring Charlton Heston, Priscilla Gillette, Joan Wetmore; Directed by Paul Nickell.
Wintertime (1951, B&W): In 1946, post-war Germans live in bleak desperation, pinched between American occupiers, Soviet spies and corrupt police. In bombed-out Nordune, ex-prisoner of war Martin Helm returns home after four years to find a city of starving survivors - including a terrified young Latvian refugee named Lisa. After being tortured in Nazi concentration camps, Lisa is now on the run from the Russians who are hunting for her brother, a nationalist guerilla fighter. Thrown together by the cruel chaos of war, the two find love amid the rubble. But the budding new life they dream of is threatened when Martin kills a communist agent and Lisa is imprisoned.
This gripping and suspenseful post-war thriller was aired live on April 2, 1951 and benefits from powerful acting by its stellar cast. A young Anne Bancroft (billed as Anne Marno) gives a commanding performance as the troubled refugee and receives outstanding support from British actor Patric Knowles (How Green Was My Valley, The Wolf Man) and German actress Leni Stengel (The Animal Kingdom). Character actor Kurt Katch (Edge of Darkness, The Purple Heart) is equally memorable as the sadistic police boss who brutally interrogates Lisa after her arrest.
Starring Anne Bancroft, Patric Knowles, Kurt Katch, Leni Stengel; Directed by Paul Nickell.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 10,894
- UPC: 089218562197
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Television Movie Categories:
- Albert Collins Live From Austin TX (DVD) ~ $15.28
- Dane Cook Tourgasm (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
Jackson 5 Jacksons: An American Dream (2-DVD) ~
$24.21 Super Savings
- Spike Jones The Legend (3-Disc + CD) (DVD-R) ~ $33.26 on SALE
Against the Tide: Portrait of a Jazz Legend (With Bonus CD) (DVD)
$13.30 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE