Austin Lounge Lizards Strange Noises in the Dark
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.46 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.52 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Austin Lounge Lizards ~ The Drugs I Need ~ $9.46
- Released: October 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Blue Corn Music
- 1.Strange Noises in the Dark
- 2.We Always Fight When We Drink Gin
- 3.Susie Rosen's Nose
- 4.You Can Eat Dog Food
- 6.Merchants' Lunch
- 7.Tastes Like Chicken
- 8.The Lonely Yodeler
- 9.Why Couldn't We Blow Up Saddam?
- 10.Snopes' Glory
- 11.The Miracle Baby
- 12.When I'm Cleanin' Windows
- 13.Maverick: A Love Song
- 14.Banana Slugs! Racing Down the Field (Proposed UC-Santa Cruz Fight Song) - (Proposed UC-Santa Cruz Fight Song)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Austin Lounge Lizards: Hank Card (vocals, guitar); Conrad Deisler (vocals, guitar, mandolin); Michael Stevens (vocals, bass); Tom Pittman (banjo, pedal steel, background vocals); Tim Wilson (mandolin, fiddle, background vocals).
Additional personnel includes: Kelly Willis, Susie Stern (vocals); Lloyd Maines (guitar, pedal steel guitar); Glover Gill (accordion); Mark Rubin (tuba); Paul Pearcy (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Cedar Creek Studio, Austin, Texas.
Personnel: Boo Resnick (vocals, acoustic guitar, oboe, electric bass, tambourine); Tom Pittman (vocals, dobro, banjo); Eamon McLoughlin (vocals, mandolin, violin, viola); Conrad Deisler (vocals, mandolin, glockenspiel); Hank Card, Kelly Willis (vocals); Lloyd Maines (electric guitar, hand claps); Glover Gill (accordion); Mark Rubin (tuba); Paul Pearcy (drums, percussion).
Recording information: Cedar Creek Studios, Austin, TX.
Photographer: George Brainard.
The Austin Lounge Lizards have their shtick, and what they do, they do very well. Literate, funny country songs that tread a line between country and bluegrass, well played, and tightly written. There's plenty of social commentary, such as "You Can Eat Dog Food," about the plight of the elderly, and "Jesse + Phil," where Jesse Helms and Phil Gramm come out as a gay couple. But there are also some just-plain-funny songs, like the couple-drinking-and-fighting parody of "We Always Fight When We Drink Gin," where guest singer Kelly Willis does a near-perfect Loretta Lynn. Some are plain daft, such as "The Lonely Yodeler," while the a cappella "Why Couldn't We Blow Up Saddam?" is a unalloyed joy. "When I'm Cleanin' Windows," an old George Formby music hall song, gets revived as down-home bluegrass -- but with an English accent. Whatever way you look at it (even if you include the ridiculous "Banana Slugs!"), the Austin Lounge Lizards bring a smile. ~ Chris Nickson
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Keep on Going: The Rebel & Melodeon Recordings (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE