Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 2, 2011
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: HBO First Look special a pictorial history of the makin' of the movie Maverick
- Maverick choir amazing grace music video
- Theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Jodie Foster &
Paul L. Smith,
Jean De Baer,
Michael Paul Chan &
Lauren Shuler Donner,
Vince Gill &
Richard Donner &
Director of Photography:
Rolling Stone - 06/16/1994
"...Gibson, Foster and Garner have a ball, and they make the feeling contagious..."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/1994
"...Entertaining, amiable....Consistently good to look at..."
New York Times - 05/20/1994
"...Fast, funny, full of straight-ahead action and tongue-in-cheek jokes....A smart, new-fangled MAVERICK..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/03/1994
"The cast is adorable, the characters are foolproof..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/20/1994
"...The first lighthearted, laugh-oriented family Western in a long time....It's fun....One of the pleasures of the film is watching the actors used by director Richard Donner to populate his backgrounds..."
An updating of the classic Western TV series MAVERICK, this comic oater finds our fast-talking, hard-gambling hero surviving many adventures while trying to come up with enough money to play in a high-stakes poker game. Penned by William Goldman with music by Randy Newman. Academy Award Nominations: Best Costume Design.
Bret Maverick, that charming, amoral gambler of TV fame, is back, and still wreaking comic havoc wherever he goes.
Maverick's out to compete in the Three Rivers Poker Championship, but he's got one small problem: he still needs another three grand for the entrance fee. Soon he's donning disguises, fighting Indians and holding up hooligans... doing anything he must to get that cash.
- Copyright 1994 Icon Productions.
- Filmed in Technicolor; in Anamorphic.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.