Asleep At The Wheel Pasture Prime
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Asleep At The Wheel ~ Tribute To The Music of Bob Wills And The Texas Playboys ~ $10.78
- Released: October 13, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Stony Plain Music
- 1.Across the Alley from the Alamo
- 2.Switchin' in the Kitchen
- 3.Write Your Own Song
- 4.Cotton Eyed Joe
- 7.The Chick's Too Young to Fry
- 8.Big Beaver
- 9.This Is the Way We Make a Broken Heart
- 10.Deep Water
- 11.The Natural Thing to Do
- 12.Liar's Moon
- 13.That's Your Red Wagon
- 14.Interview With Ray Benson - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This 1998 reissue includes an 18-minute bonus interview with Ray Benson.
Personnel: Chris O'Connell (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Ray Benson, Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar); Mike Watkins (guitar); Junior Brown (lap steel guitar); Johnny Gimble (banjo, mandolin, fiddle); Paul Anastasio (fiddle); Kerri Lay, Danny Levin (strings); Michael Francis (saxophone); Falkner Evans, Tim Alexander , Floyd Domino (piano); Steve Schwelling (drums); Andy Murphy (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Jim Finney; Paul Harrison.
Audio Remasterers: Frank Campbell; Ray Benson.
Recording information: Austin Recording Studios, Austin, TX; Bee Creek Studios, Austin, TX; Pedernales Recording Studio, Briarcliff, TX.
Editor: Allen Crider.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Doug Schecht; Rich Lataille; Bob Enos.
Arrangers: Johnny Gimble; Ray Benson.
Asleep At The Wheel's first release after a five-year layoff, this 1985 album was originally released by Arista as ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, missing three of the set's strongest tracks. As always, a good chunk of the album is filled with hot versions of jump blues and Western swing standards like Louis Jordan's "The Chick's Too Young to Fry," Bob Wills' "Big Beaver," "Cotton-Eyed Joe" and "Across the Alley From the Alamo."
Elsewhere, guests include Willie Nelson, whose sly duet with leader Ray Benson, "Write Your Own Song," is an all-time band highlight as well as a much-deserved poke in the eye for Nashville music executives, and the great steel guitarist Junior Brown, who lights up two tracks. Utterly--and proudly--out of step with its times, PASTURE PRIME sounds as fresh today as most mid-'80s country albums sound dated. This reissue also includes an enlightening 18-minute interview with Benson.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Definitive Greatest Hits: Til the Last Shot's Fired... (CD)
$17.73 Super Savings
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE