Bobby Breen Musical Double Feature: Make A Wish (1937) / Let's Sing Again (1936)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Balalaika ~ $14.21
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 24, 2008
- Originally Released: 1936
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Bobby Breen, Basil Rathbone & George Houston|
|Directed by||Kurt Neumann|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Nominated for a Best Musical Score Oscar in 1938, Make A Wish is the third of nine films that talented child vocalist Bobby Breen headlined between 1936 and 1942. Basil Rathbone was already a screen icon when he appeared in this song-filled feature as the composer in search of inspiration. He had previously starred in Captain Blood (1935), and later achieved screen immortality in The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), Tower of London (1939), and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1939).
Starring Bobby Breen, Basil Rathbone, Henry Armetta, Marion Clare; Directed by Kurt Neumann.
Let's Sing Again (1936): A boy with a gift for song runs away from the orphanage where he has lived since his mother died. Young Billy is determined to join the circus and manages to stow away in one of the wagons. An incredible coincidence awaits the lad as the traveling show pulls into New York City. International opera star, Leon Albe, who is headlining a major extravaganza, has been searching for many years for a long-lost son who was spirited off to America by the singer's ex-wife. When Billy and Leon finally cross paths, musical fireworks follow.
Let's Sing Again marks the 1936 screen debut of phenomenal child singing sensation, Bobby Breen. This was the first of three films Breen starred in for director Kurt Neumann, who went on to direct four Tarzan films (three with Johnny Weismuller, and one with Lex Barker) as well as sci-fi favorites Rocketship X-M (1950), She Devil (1957), Kronos (1957) and The Fly (1958).
Starring Bobby Breen, George Houston, Henry Armetta, Grant Withers; Directed by Kurt Neumann.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 9,513
- UPC: 089218561695
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Musical & Performing Arts Movie Categories:
Plug Me In (2-DVD)
$24.39 Super Savings
- Johann Sebastian Bach Bach - Brandenburg Concertos 1-6 (Blu-ray) ~ $47.99
Count Basie at Carnegie Hall (DVD)
$14.27 Super Savings
Live Eschaton: Art Of Rebellion (DVD)
$14.81 Super Savings
Billion Dollar Quartet: In The Third Millennium (DVD)
$4.05 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE